Skip to main content

TIFU by accidentally texting my ex of 3 years

This fuck up just happened, and I feel like a complete moron.

I work 12 hour overnight shifts from 6pm-6am and it can get pretty boring in the wee morning hours when there’s nothing going on. It’s 3am, I’m scrolling through tiktok, and there’s a trend where people post screenshots of text conversations they’ve had with their ex’s asking themselves why they were with them in the first place. I’m bored, so I decide to (try) and do the same thing. I found a heated conversation I’d had with my ex in 2020. We dated for a little over a year on and off, it was not a healthy relationship, things ended pretty badly and he was the one who broke up with me twice. Anyway, I’m scrolling through the conversation with my ex, thinking about how lucky I am to have my current boyfriend and how grateful I am to be in a healthy relationship after some of the shit I’ve been through… when my phone decides this would be a GREAT time to “emphasize” one of the texts in the middle of the argument. Which of course sends him a notification! At 3am. Have I mentioned we haven’t spoken for 3 years???

Needless to say I panicked, blocked his number, deleted all of our messages, and double checked he’s still blocked on all other forms of social media. I know in the grand scheme of things this is relatively small but I am so mortified right now lmao.

Edit for more context: I did not save our texts purposely. I save every text message I’ve ever received ever, even spam and wrong numbers. I do not ever go through old messages, and when he and I broke up I deleted every photo of him/us, and removed him from all of my social media. He is also the reason I downloaded tiktok and he created my account for me years ago. The conversation in question was how he made plans with me to meet his family for the first time on Christmas, and then forgot about me and didn’t speak to me until the next day, and how I was hurt by this behavior; which he was angry at. If anything good came out of this, I was at least able to see my growth in relationships and never allow myself again to be treated or spoken to the way he did.

TL;DR I tried to do a tiktok trend by screenshotting messages from my shitty ex from 3 years ago, ended up accidentally sending him a text at 3am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU By Fumbling My Gym Crush

I've never posted on Reddit before so apologies if anything is off. I (F) had a crush on a man at my gym for months. We would make extended eye contact frequently, workout in proximity, the usual gym things that get over analyzed when you like someone. He's wildly handsome, but I liked his vibe. A lot. It's hard to explain when someone's energy just hits different but his did. One day he started coming in with a woman. The day I saw her with him, he and I actually stared at each other from across the room for a while, and I turned and walked away because obviously gym rules - that's his girlfriend until I'm told otherwise. The eye contact continues and so does the proximity but I've dialed back completely because in my head, he has a girl and I am no home wrecker. Well, recently, on a Sunday, I was having a real shit day. I accidentally hurt my shoulder so my back day was all off, my body wasn't cooperating, the gym was packed - all I wanted to do w...

TIFU by getting called racist for not handing cash to a customer

today I (F18) fucked up by worked a long ahh shift and got put on register. I never hand money in people’s hands as customers have yelled at me for it, and i think it’s germy so I scoot it towards them as a sign of respect. this lady came in and after i did that she goes “Imma need you to do that again and put it in my hand, you did this last time too don’t you know it’s disrespectful” (meanwhile i haven’t worked register in 2 months at said job and didn’t recognize her) so i apologize, and then cuz it’s call off time i go talk to my boss about it and they all agree with me. apparently though she told my keyholder who’s a poc i was being RACIST by not touching her. so i got told i need to do better even though i didn’t do anything. she was insinuating i was a racist. idk if i should quit or what but i fucked up. TL;DR: i’m a dumbass

TIFU by sh*tting in the bushes at a high school

So I’m training for a local 10k race in a couple months. That’s about 6.2 miles. Not a long race but not a short one either. I’m making good progress and tinkering with what works for me on longer runs, how I can keep my body moving at an easy, consistent pace for about 70-80 minutes. I’ve been increasing the distance over the past few months, prioritizing getting the distance down before I work on pace. I train early mornings at a local high school track within walking distance of my house. They have public hours almost every morning from 6-8 am. It’s a very nice track with good lighting and ✨no public bathrooms✨. Because I’ve been focused on increasing distance I’m waking up earlier and earlier to get to the track and really hammer it out before I go home and shower for work. In turn, I’ve been drinking a little extra COFFEE most mornings get my body going. Til now this hasn’t been a problem, I don’t leave the house until my body takes care of business. I successfully dropped the ...