Skip to main content

TIFU by not reading a prescription label and overdosing myself

I messed up so bad.

Alright so I've been on Wellbutrin 150mg xl (antidepressant) for over a year and at some point over the last 2 months, I started realizing that I was feeling much more depressed. So at my next therapy appointment, I brought it up to my therapist and he doubled my dose. Since I had only 150mg XL tablets on hand?, he asked me to take two instead of one and called in my new prescription. I intentionally schedule my therapy appointments on the day that I'm due to take my last dose. That morning, I took my last dose. I went to go pick up my new prescription and started taking two tablets a day. Because I've been taking this medication for over a year and am very familiar with the pharmacists, the pharmacist that assisted me didn't go over the instructions with me.A few hours later, I started getting extremely nauseous, lethargic, couldn't sleep, appetite disappeared completely. I didn't think anything of it because I had the same side effects when I first started taking this medication. So about 3 weeks have passed and my side effects are still going strong with no improvement. I've dropped 10 lbs. and the only time I can tolerate eating anything is when I take an edible and get the munchies. I can't even drink water. Today, as I was cleaning up my nightstand, I grabbed my pill bottle and noticed- huh..feels heavier than it usually does by now.. So I looked at the label and my stomach dropped. 300mg tablets that were twice the size of my previous dose. I've been taking 600mg for the past few weeks and making myself sick. I've been in a pretty bad place mentally, so I didn't even question the symptoms nor did it ever cross my mind to check the label. So I stopped taking my antidepressants for 2 days and my symptoms have disappeared entirely. I'm kinda scared to start taking them again!

Tl;Dr My therapist doubled the dosage on my antidepressants and sent in my new script to the pharmacy after telling me to take 2 tablets if I had any tablets left. The new prescription was 300mg per tablet vs. 150mg per tablet; I've been taking 600mg every day because it never ocurred to me to read the prescription label and have been making myself sick for weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU By Fumbling My Gym Crush

I've never posted on Reddit before so apologies if anything is off. I (F) had a crush on a man at my gym for months. We would make extended eye contact frequently, workout in proximity, the usual gym things that get over analyzed when you like someone. He's wildly handsome, but I liked his vibe. A lot. It's hard to explain when someone's energy just hits different but his did. One day he started coming in with a woman. The day I saw her with him, he and I actually stared at each other from across the room for a while, and I turned and walked away because obviously gym rules - that's his girlfriend until I'm told otherwise. The eye contact continues and so does the proximity but I've dialed back completely because in my head, he has a girl and I am no home wrecker. Well, recently, on a Sunday, I was having a real shit day. I accidentally hurt my shoulder so my back day was all off, my body wasn't cooperating, the gym was packed - all I wanted to do w...

TIFU by sh*tting in the bushes at a high school

So I’m training for a local 10k race in a couple months. That’s about 6.2 miles. Not a long race but not a short one either. I’m making good progress and tinkering with what works for me on longer runs, how I can keep my body moving at an easy, consistent pace for about 70-80 minutes. I’ve been increasing the distance over the past few months, prioritizing getting the distance down before I work on pace. I train early mornings at a local high school track within walking distance of my house. They have public hours almost every morning from 6-8 am. It’s a very nice track with good lighting and ✨no public bathrooms✨. Because I’ve been focused on increasing distance I’m waking up earlier and earlier to get to the track and really hammer it out before I go home and shower for work. In turn, I’ve been drinking a little extra COFFEE most mornings get my body going. Til now this hasn’t been a problem, I don’t leave the house until my body takes care of business. I successfully dropped the ...