- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
So obligatory this happened a few weeks back and started even sooner.
I have degenerative disc disease in my cervical spine, it is uncomfortable sometimes but mostly no big deal except when symptoms first started a few years ago.
Anyway about 6 weeks ago I was in the back seat of a car when the driver hit a speed bump really hard, I was jolted upwards and hit my head against the roof of the car. Ever since my neck has hurt quite badly so I've been stretching frequently and deeply for relief. After a couple weeks i was stretching when suddenly I briefly lost consciousness and fainted. It hurt but at the time i was mostly worried because I broke my glasses, I think I was in shock.
I went about my day and went to work, only telling my boyfriend what happened and he tried to convince me to go to the hospital which seemed silly to me. I was fine, i had bent my glasses back and my head just hurt a little.
Then I woke up the next day in a TON of pain. My left side ribs were absolutely killing me and I had a large bruise on my left thigh, these are places I didn't even know I had injured.
I went to to hospital and got xrays and an ekg as well as blood work. I had two cracker ribs and a hematoma on my thigh. No signs of concussion.
Weeks later and I'm still in pain and feel very silly. The bruise on my leg is almost gone but the bruise to my ego will take longer to heal.
TLDR: I stretched so hard that I fainted and injured myself badly enough to need medical care.
Comments
Post a Comment