- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I bought a pretty good PC in 2019 (2300 € of goodness) but, a few months after I installed it, the PC started to have, at random, small freeze for like a second, every 10 to 50 min for seemingly no reason. I did tons of benchmark, pretty much read every posts about "my PC is stuttering/freezing help meee" on the internet, called the After Sale number from where I bought the PC.
Removing and putting the GPU back helped for a few weeks, but then back to square one. Checked the state of my disks, the ventirad, everything ! Restarting the PC made the stuttering stop for like 1 or 2 hours that's it.
I had GPU-Z and CPUID monitor on all the time to check if anything happened, and weirdly enough, having those monitoring program open made the stuttering way weaker ! Drove me absolutely crazy.
Then one or two weeks ago I saw a post on r/buildapc about Fast Startup option in Windows and how it was a good idea to disable it... So I did.
Since then, nothing. No stuttering, no freeze, no BSOD, no weird stuff going on. After 3 years of trying, I can finally enjoy my PC without being afraid that the program or the game will bug out after a freeze!
TL;DR : Didn't uncheck a stupid option in Windows that made my PC stutter and freeze for the last 3 years and made programs and game crashes.
Comments
Post a Comment