Skip to main content

TIFU dafür dass ich damals bescheuert war?

TIFU by double ordering lunch for a conference

i ordered catering for lunch for a conference from restaurant X a little more than a week in advance. a few days before the conference, i randomly get an email saying the delivery for my order was canceled without any explanation. so i order catering from a different place that my coworkers really like that is more expensive.

conference happens and i get a call and i answer it asking if it's lunch. the person on the phone says yes, restaurant X is here. im SHOCKED bcause well... i got an email informing me that the delivery was canceled and the delivery person was adamant that he did not make a mistake, he says my full name and said the address and said he had a car full of food, they didn't cancel the order, and our card was charged. i meet them outside and show him the email and he calls his boss. me and his boss go back and forth with his boss saying they didn't cancel anything and me saying i got an email saying it was canceled. i read him the email word for word. to which the delivery drivers boss says, that just means the delivery is canceled not the order. i am DUMBFOUNDED and at an UTTER loss for words because that is so WILDLY MISLEADING. also, they are literally delivering my order right in front of me so what fucking gives??? and the delivery drivers boss explains that restaurant X cancelling the delivery meant that restaurant X themselves would not be delivering the order, instead a third party would be delivering it (the third party being the delivery driver i was speaking with). i continue to be dumbfounded (and terrified that our CFO and those in upper management would be mad at me for spending an extra $4.3k on food). we of course take the food and i really tried my hardest to not get mad at the delivery driver because it's not their fault they're just delivering it.

second lunch order comes. so we just have double lunch catering. we have conference participants bring it back home/to their jobs. people are SO happy.

no one is mad at me (yet - i haven't talked directly with our CFO yet but others have). my coworkers told me they would've made the same mistake i did in assuming if my delivery was canceled that meant my order was canceled.

TL;DR - ordered catering for a conference. got an email saying the delivery canceled so i ordered at a different place. both catering orders showed up. i cost my company an extra $4.3k on food

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU By Fumbling My Gym Crush

I've never posted on Reddit before so apologies if anything is off. I (F) had a crush on a man at my gym for months. We would make extended eye contact frequently, workout in proximity, the usual gym things that get over analyzed when you like someone. He's wildly handsome, but I liked his vibe. A lot. It's hard to explain when someone's energy just hits different but his did. One day he started coming in with a woman. The day I saw her with him, he and I actually stared at each other from across the room for a while, and I turned and walked away because obviously gym rules - that's his girlfriend until I'm told otherwise. The eye contact continues and so does the proximity but I've dialed back completely because in my head, he has a girl and I am no home wrecker. Well, recently, on a Sunday, I was having a real shit day. I accidentally hurt my shoulder so my back day was all off, my body wasn't cooperating, the gym was packed - all I wanted to do w...

TIFU by getting called racist for not handing cash to a customer

today I (F18) fucked up by worked a long ahh shift and got put on register. I never hand money in people’s hands as customers have yelled at me for it, and i think it’s germy so I scoot it towards them as a sign of respect. this lady came in and after i did that she goes “Imma need you to do that again and put it in my hand, you did this last time too don’t you know it’s disrespectful” (meanwhile i haven’t worked register in 2 months at said job and didn’t recognize her) so i apologize, and then cuz it’s call off time i go talk to my boss about it and they all agree with me. apparently though she told my keyholder who’s a poc i was being RACIST by not touching her. so i got told i need to do better even though i didn’t do anything. she was insinuating i was a racist. idk if i should quit or what but i fucked up. TL;DR: i’m a dumbass

TIFU by making a joke that landed horribly

I was talking to someone and thought I was being funny, but the second the words left my mouth I knew I had messed up. It was one of those jokes that sounds fine in your head and then just dies completely in real life. Nobody laughed, the mood got awkward instantly, and I could feel my face getting hot because I knew I had just made everything weird for no reason. What made it worse is that I tried to recover from it instead of just shutting up. So then I started talking more, which only made it more obvious that I was panicking. You know that feeling when you can hear yourself getting worse while it’s happening and you still can’t stop? yeah, that was me. I kept trying to act normal, but the whole thing was already gone. After that I just wanted to disappear and pretend it never happened. I’m still thinking about it way more than I should, which somehow makes it even more embarrassing. I really should have just kept my mouth shut for once. TL;DR: I tried to be funny and the joke...