- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I was taking my maths lecture online today since it had been raining heavily the entire day and transport was an inconvenience. I was the only student online while the other students of varying years sat offline. The teacher uses a tablet for conducting the classes and the volume is generally turned up for everyone to hear, not very loud but the space in which she teaches is small and the sound reaches just about every corner of the room.
The class had been going normally, I had been solving some questions with my mic (from what I'd presumed) muted. Just then, through the halfway mark of the lecture, my brother came into my room and insisted that he was going to continue with his work on my study table. I disagred obviously, and he became rudely adamant about doing so and accepting nothing else. I grew frustrated and started shouting at him, venting out my anger from earlier in the day as well. It got to a point that we both got sidelined and just started violently dissing at each other about all out problems. Mind you, we are usually never the type to do so. It got to a point where even my father intervened and our disagreements continued until I heard a voice from my laptop, the teacher, saying my mic is on.
I froze, everyone in the room froze and I quickly muted my mic and ran away. Started crying genuinely, cause well I've always showed myself as a patient, kind person, which I usually am, but my behavior today indicated otherwise.
I was mortified, cause more than 20 people had just heard me shouting at my brother about god knows what and were definitely making fun of me now. The teacher is bit of a gossip too, and this incident is def bound to be known to about half the people in town by tomorrow morning.
She later on during class messaged me instead of outright asking me outright as she normally would. She really did listen to our whole argument and only when it was coming to a halt informed me about my mic.
A bit silly now that I look back at it, but my reputation is in shambles now, not that I care about it much, but studying maths just got a whole lot harder. I have to tolerate this teacher and the same students for another year. I don't think I can look at any of them in the eye now.
TL;DR: During my online lecture, My brother and I were having a very bad quarrel and my mic was left unmuted. The teacher listened in to our whole argument and only intervened when it came to an end. I had been genuinely scolding him a bit too much and our disagreement had been louder than what it normally is. The teacher informed me of my mic being unmuted and I ran away to another room crying since I was mortified that everyone who sat offline during the lecture heard everything that had transpired. I can barely show my face anymore.
Comments
Post a Comment