- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
So I am only 16 and my mom recently took me out of therapy for financial reasons and I have severe depression.
I was only doing therapy for about a little over a year and it didn’t cure me, but it did help a lot.
In September I went to see a psychiatrist to start meds for my depression and anxiety (lexapro and buspar). The medication didn’t really work for me because I didn’t like the side effects, or how it made me feel and I stopped taking it without talking to my psychiatrist (I know that’s bad don’t flame me).
It’s now late August and I haven’t seen my psychiatrist since September because my mom wouldn’t schedule an appointment.
They took me out of there’s about a month ago and my depression has gotten wayyyy worse. I remembered I that I had some leftover meds from before and started taking my buspar to see if maybe that would help. I was desperate.
I started taking the buspar to see if it would help. If you don’t know, you can take up to three pills a day but not have three at a time. I thought it’d be fine because it wasn’t expired or anything. I took one and forgot I’d taking it so I took another. And that just kept happening over and over again. I eventually started to feel dizzy but I’m fine now.
I know you’re not supposed to start a medication, go off of it, and then start taking it again without talking to a doctor but I was stupid and also desperate.
TL;DR: I was severely depressed and took medication from months ago that I haven’t taken in a while. I took one and forgot I took it so I took more and that kept happening.
Comments
Post a Comment