- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Today I fucked up. For those who don’t know what Salagen/ pilocarpine is, it is a medication for severe dry mouth. However, it works on other exocrine glands as well. That means it has the side effects of making you sweat, cry, pee, have a runny nose, and produce bronchiole mucus.
This medicine does not mess around. It is strong, my dentist even told me that “most people don’t like it because it’s too intense but you are welcome to try it and form your own opinion”. Today is only my third day trying it and I fucked up. I woke up, I took one pill, I made my breakfast and ate, then I went to get dressed and took another pill. I had forgotten that I already took one.
Within 15 minutes I had sweat through my clothing. My hair is saturated in sweat, the hair that I had just curled and done nicely (a rare thing to do for me). I cant keep up with swallowing my saliva and cannot speak without drooling, honestly it’s more than drooling it is like if I had a mouth full of water and tried to talk. I had to get naked and lay on a towel and wrap another towel around me because I got so sweaty and cold and shivery. I look like I am crying because my tear ducts are also starting to produce tears.
Today is my last day of vacation too, and I am far too sweaty, spitty, and teary to be able to leave my room.
Anyways. At least it is not a very long acting drug and I should be back to dryness in a few hours. For now I will live life as a human fountain.
TLDR: I accidentally took twice my dose of dry mouth medication that works on fluid production other than just saliva and now I am so spitty, sweaty, and teary that I have to stay hidden in a room because I’m pouring liquid from everywhere.
Comments
Post a Comment