- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
We had a break at work today so I decided I was going to have a few bites of beer jerky while we were talking about random stuff. For context, I dont really like jack links and the like because it's too tender, so I buy a brand that you really have to naw on, so it was quite tough.
I usually just put the entire piece in my mouth and chew for a couple minutes but the piece I grabbed was was too long for me to fit it in. So in my thoughtless head I grabbed one end with a full grip and bit down on the other. This beef jerky was so tough that I couldn't bite through it, so I had the bright idea to start pulling from both ends.
I did end up tearing it but I didn't notice how much strain I was putting on my neck. Once the connective tissue finally tore my neck jumped forward and I had an awful pain. If you ever woke up with a crick in your neck you know what I'm talking about. Now I can only turn my neck up about 20 degrees and turn to the side about 60 without being in a bunch of pain.
I told my coworker who is also a doctor (im not in the medical field, he just got bored) that I was in pain and he said there was nothing to be done but thought it was hilarious that I got "beef jerky induced whiplash". That phrase bought the attention of the rest of the group and I got peer pressured to explain my story all while I was in pain to the group of 11. Now I'm know as the guy who injured himself while eating jerky.
To top it all off we had to go to a mandatory event where we had to run for an extended amount of time and then play volleyball right after.
At least I still have my teeth.
TL;DR I fucked up by giving myself whiplash by eating a tough piece of jerky in front of all my coworkers.
Comments
Post a Comment