- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I (18M) said I could maybe come to the dinner like 2.5 weeks ago. I found it a little strange because this is a pretty high end restaurant inside another high end hotel. Also we haven’t known each other all that long but we call to talk and interact on social media. I realized I couldn’t attend earlier this week, and told him the day of. The restaurant has an $80 no show policy per person so I felt obligated to reimburse my friend. They made the booking for 15 ppl, told me 3 other ppl aren’t coming, asked me and my sibling to come to compensate ( they expected me to come, so they’d still have to pay for 2 ppl, so still 75).
I don’t have a ride, I’m going on a trip with my family tomorrow morning and Uber/Lyft is $100+ both ways. I cannot drive. I was really hoping a family member with a car would have their schedule free up, but I realized today that’s not happening.
I don’t have a job right now, so this really sucks. I’m ashamed to admit (more? yeah ik I’m a pos) that I’m considering returning their presents so I can reimburse myself for the no show fee at the restaurant. That’ll cover a little less than half of the fee but I’ll take what I can get.
I was raised in a family where bdays aren’t a big deal, but I realize it can be for others so I really wanted to make this special for my friend. Our conversations are honestly kinda surface level so I really don’t know why they invited me of all people. I will now face a financial consequence for flaking, which serves me right.
It’s really irking me that the money is going to the restaurant and not me or my friend at all.
TLDR: Flaked on a dinner reservation and lost ~$40 in no show fees.
Comments
Post a Comment