- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
My cat stopped using his automatic feeder after I changed his food, so I cleaned it out and shoved it in a kitchen cabinet. It sat there forgotten for probably six months before a woman in my building mentioned she had just adopted a cat, and I offered it to her.
I completely forgot that I had recorded a custom message on it.
Every morning at 6 it plays me saying, wake up you unemployed little goblin, your government assistance has arrived.
Apparently the first time it happened she thought somebody was speaking through her baby monitor. The second morning she unplugged the monitor and still heard it, so she started checking every room because she thought someone had gotten inside her apartment.
She finally figured out it was the feeder after standing next to it at exactly 6 in morning. She knocked on my door holding it and asked why my voice was insulting her cat before sunrise.
I deleted the recording but now we have to see each other in the elevator knowing she spent mornings searching her apartment for me.
TLDR: Gave my neighbor an automatic cat feeder that had been sitting unused for months and forgot it was programmed to announce breakfast in my voice by calling the cat an unemployed little goblin.
Comments
Post a Comment