- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Turned 21 not too long ago. Weed is legal in my current state, and I haven't had anything since what a family member let me have a few years ago on a singular occasion. That was a nice, though mostly sleep-filled, experience.
About me: 5'2", 140lbs, visibly very small woman. This is important.
Went to a smoke shop near where I had dinner on my 21st. Guy who was working the counter looked like a guy that definitely knew a thing or two. I told him this:
"This is essentially my first time getting high. I turned 21 today." I then motioned to myself-- small. I know size matters for drinking, so I figured the same here, too. "What do you think I should have?"
This guy points out two little bags. He tells me the number of grams he usually has (not revealing just yet for storytelling purposes), recommends me a considerably small number in comparison. The bags are said number, and they have two good sounding flavors! Baja Blast and Mango, yippee!
I skip home with my husband. Husband has no interest in partaking, but doesn't mind if I take them at all. I wait until I'm off work for the week to take one.
TIFU by ingesting 420 grams of weed in a single edible, for what was essentially my first time trying it. (The guy said he usually had 1000.) Did not look up how much I should be having.
Unfortunately, I remember most of the night... somehow. I popped it, and I guess my husband didn't see. We were watching YouTube and eating McDonald's. It was a great night.
I got giggly, then I got incredibly self conscious. That turned into anxiety, which turned into me half laughing, half sobbing. Husband is clearly worried but is hiding it for my sake.
The next part I remember is losing a lot of my vision. My mouth was very dry, too, but I didn't want to drink water. I was struggling to swallow. I was also not very good at breathing. Warned my husband in my altered panic that he should call 911 if I stop breathing. I'm very helpful, yes. I got upset at myself at some point, don't remember what for. I do remember my husband having to hold my arms down so I'd quit punching myself in the head.
I remember throwing up. My husband held my hair for me. I started to forget he was there. I could no longer see the TV 8 feet away from us-- anything not directly in front of me was so blurry it was all just about three muddy colors. I was very worried at that point that I was going to stop breathing. Then I forgot why it was important I do not stop breathing. I didn't stop-- just forgot why it mattered.
Then there was this guy sitting next to me. He was holding me close to him, petting my hair and murmuring that I was safe and everything was fine. I had absolutely no freaking idea who this dude was, and would forget about him being there unless I was looking at his face. I could not form words except for "Aw, fuck" and "Fuck dog, I want to die" (normal statements of mine, though a bit vulgar).
That guy? Yeah, that was my husband. Totally forgot who he was. I've known him for eight years. I did remember I had a cat. I did not want to see the cat. He would be disappointed in me. I had already hit myself and did not want to hit him. (I am not violent.)
He asked if I wanted to go to bed. Bed? I didn't know what that was. He tried to get me to stand. I don't remember the existence of anything unless I'm looking at it. This does, in fact, include my legs. I am unable to walk. I am able to push myself across the couch. In that moment, the strongest people in the world feared me. You could have convinced me I was pushing an actual mountain. I no longer remember I have a cat. Making eye contact hurts so that random guy is also no longer there, since I can't look at his face.
Fell asleep on him at some point after that. Woke up later, sober enough to stagger upstairs and go to bed. Woke up and had a very serious discussion led by the husband about the importance of researching how much of a substance I should consume PRIOR to consuming it. Do not make my mistake.
TL;DR: Tried a 420g edible as my first one, did not research how much I should actually consume, had the worst green out hopefully of my entire life, punched myself in the head, forgot who my husband I've known for 8 years was. 0/10 I have learned my lesson.
EDIT: yup y'all were right it's MG. I forgot I still have the mango pack this thing is giving me flashbacks lmao
Comments
Post a Comment