- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
So this is in fact something that happened *today*. In fact I only just got off the climax of this story.
This story requires a small amount of backstory.
I am a non professional voice actor, I love doing voice work for small projects and rarely get paid, but it's something I'm relatively good at and I'm able to do all sorts of fun stuff with my voice.
I also run TTRPG games, several right now, but it's one of my hobbies that has become one of my passions. This story is about one particular group.
I was listening to my spotify "For You Weekly" or whatever when I heard this amazing bop of a song with this phenomenal vocalist that at first I was like "hahahahah, dang, this could be about me" and I started to listen to it, I realized it was about me. Like, I ended up listening to it on repeat a few times, making note of the lyrics and it was a girl confessing to her crush and the references were one to one inside jokes I have with one of my TTRPG groups, the girl being confessed to had features that matched me down to specific doxxing level accurate details about me. Like, down to where I lived. For a moment I thought it could be AI, but an AI checker said no. The artist had almost no online presence aside from occasional music for the last few months.
And that's when I started to investigate.
I tried so hard to find anything associated with this artist because surely this had to be someone I knew. Eventually I find the first song she posted and I try to figure out a timeline for whom it could be from my friends. It's interesting cause one of my groups actually had a girl who could have been this singer, and as I look back over our conversations, about a month before the artist started posting songs, she asked for recommendations for recording equipment I used for my VA work.
I started to listen to the other songs by this artist and I started to notice details, little phrases that our group uses all the time, physical descriptions that just kinda match up, and I convince myself that this artist I found is one of my players, and wrote a love song about me.
Genuinely I don't think I could have been more charmed with an enchantment spell.
I asked her to hop on a call with me and I asked her point blank; "Hey, have you been doing music recently?"
She told me yes, and asked if she could play me a song.
My heart melts.
She proceeds to pull out an acoustic guitar and strum a love song... a love song clearly intended for one of the other players. The sound is completely different, her singing voice is completely different from the artist, and when she finishes she asks me if I think the other player will like it. I say yes, because of course I do, and I do my best to subtly ask if she has done any other type of music and she tells me no.
I proceed to drop a link to the original song I thought was about me in the TTRPG group discord and ask if anyone knows the artist, and everyone starts clowning on me because of how much the subject of the song sounds like me and teasing me about how "I bet you think this song is about you, don't you, you're so vaaaain!"
I'm 90% sure that the song is indeed not about me, but just, by some cosmic coincidence so weirdly intimately accurate to my description as to be EERILY accurate.
Like, I would post the link to the song but I'm legitimately worried it would dox me.
TL;DR: I heard a song that was weirdly accurate to me both nicknames, physical features and even where I lived and what I do, had a whole emotional episode thinking it was written by someone in my TTRPG group, only to find out that it was just a wild coincidence, though I did uncover a budding romance between two players.
Note to my players: If you're part of that group and read this, please don't share it or dox me some other way. Mock me all you want in the discord server.
Comments
Post a Comment