- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I dyed something with RIT Dye and it went through the washer clear, by when it went through the dryer it stained it red. I tried to clean everything up and used a towel that had been treated with bleach because of tiktok video. And went to check on it today and then I noticed the inside metal of the dryer had weird dark/speckled discoloration.
It feels kind of dusty/chalky but doesn't wipe away. It feels kind of dusty/chalky but doesn't wipe away. Apparently (which should have been common knowledge on my end. I wish i could tell you my thinking) bleach can react with the coating on the metal, so now I've somehow chemically damaged the inside of my apartment's dryer.
The dryer still works perfectly, but of course I am moving out of my apartment in a month ðŸ«
I'm so scared to touch the dryer again, I just wanted a red shirt.
pic of my mess up - https://imgur.com/a/FyHzn1I
TL;DR: Don't try to dye clothes in a rental, if you're a month from moving and don't know what you're doing
TL;DR2: My dryer is no longer red, but messed up the metal of the drum.
Comments
Post a Comment