- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
TIFU by opening a package with a box cutter the wrong way while half asleep, and slicing my hand open, leading to me needing stitches.
Hey! So today my dumb arse got to sleep about 7:30 am. At 10:30 I’m woken by a knock at the door. I get up, open he door, and it’s a package.
Still half asleep I decide to open it. It’s a cardboard box with the cardboard stuck down for the seal so I grab a trusty box cutter Stanley knife thing, push out the tip and start cutting.
Due to being half asleep and not really thinking, I stupidly cut towards my other hand. And naturally the knife slipped. I look at my left hand, blood dripping from the sizeable cut, and all I can think is, “I don’t have time for this.”
Thankfully my first aid training kicked in, so I rinse my hand under the tap, then grab some tissues to put over the wound to catch the blood. I head into the bedroom, grab my first aid kit, and start cleaning the wound. Then I tape the wound shut, and cover it with a band aid.
It’s not hurting that much, but I know it might later, and it needs proper medical attention.
I call up my doctors, and make an appointment for later that day, when I have someone over who can give me a lift there and back, then I go back to bed for a couple of hours.
The doctor and nurse were quite impressed with my first aid, I got four stitches, and a tetanus shot. Have to go back in a week for a check up and possibly removal of the stitches.
It was a deep cut, but thankfully, I’m a fat chick. It only cut into the fat layer, and not anything underneath where all the important stuff is.
My girlfriend says I’m a right knob sometimes, my mother and a friend both told me I’m an idiot, another friend wants to judge me but can’t due to doing similar stuff, and I’m waiting on my dad to call me back, no doubt to tell me I’m definitely his daughter haha.
Pics in reverse order here for anyone interested
https://imgur.com/gallery/Jbo5zn8
Tl;dr don’t cut towards you with sharp knife designed to cut things tougher than your skin, and especially while half asleep, unless you like looking under your skin and getting stitches.
Comments
Post a Comment