Skip to main content

TIFU by telling my brother-in-law his d*ck was discussed at the dinner table

We went back home for a few days with my sister. We had this big lunch with the whole extended family and all. Everyone was drinking and having fun until I caught my aunt and sister talking. My sister was complaining that her husband wears 15(48 eu) size shoes and she cannot find the sneakers he wants anywhere so big. My aunt (drunk as hell) goes-‘ oh, is the rumor true? Big feet big socks, eh?’ My sister mortified, tries to change subjects but my aunt is relentless. I can see grandma frowning at the two of them and my little cousins making curious faces. My sister finally had enough (it was over 20 minutes that our aunt insisted to know) leaned in and whispered ‘yes’ and then excused herself from the table. I made a face because I am close with my sister and my brother-in-law and I meet them almost every week for dinner or coffee. I had thought that my father hadn’t heard because he had been watching the game but suddenly he turns to me and goes-“ what you making faces for? I told your sister, basketball players jump high and slam deep!” I only heard his laugh as I screeched and left the table to go puke a bit in my mouth. I told this story to my brother- in-law today because I found it funny once I recovered but now he says he refuses to attend family gatherings.

TL;DR My sister is mad at me for telling her husband my family was being noisy about him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU By Fumbling My Gym Crush

I've never posted on Reddit before so apologies if anything is off. I (F) had a crush on a man at my gym for months. We would make extended eye contact frequently, workout in proximity, the usual gym things that get over analyzed when you like someone. He's wildly handsome, but I liked his vibe. A lot. It's hard to explain when someone's energy just hits different but his did. One day he started coming in with a woman. The day I saw her with him, he and I actually stared at each other from across the room for a while, and I turned and walked away because obviously gym rules - that's his girlfriend until I'm told otherwise. The eye contact continues and so does the proximity but I've dialed back completely because in my head, he has a girl and I am no home wrecker. Well, recently, on a Sunday, I was having a real shit day. I accidentally hurt my shoulder so my back day was all off, my body wasn't cooperating, the gym was packed - all I wanted to do w...

TIFU by sh*tting in the bushes at a high school

So I’m training for a local 10k race in a couple months. That’s about 6.2 miles. Not a long race but not a short one either. I’m making good progress and tinkering with what works for me on longer runs, how I can keep my body moving at an easy, consistent pace for about 70-80 minutes. I’ve been increasing the distance over the past few months, prioritizing getting the distance down before I work on pace. I train early mornings at a local high school track within walking distance of my house. They have public hours almost every morning from 6-8 am. It’s a very nice track with good lighting and ✨no public bathrooms✨. Because I’ve been focused on increasing distance I’m waking up earlier and earlier to get to the track and really hammer it out before I go home and shower for work. In turn, I’ve been drinking a little extra COFFEE most mornings get my body going. Til now this hasn’t been a problem, I don’t leave the house until my body takes care of business. I successfully dropped the ...