- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Its really not a long story. I noticed my Adobe Photoshop had expired and so i thought to myself "i could probably just try downloading it from a torrent or something right?" I hopped on the good ole internet and searched it up. I was directed to a website called "CrackedPC" in hindsight this should have been a good enough red flag for me to move on to something else but I stupidly/blindly trudged on. I ended up installing a file that was about 4mb. Upon installing this b*tch into my PC, the fan started getting louder and louder. Before i knew it, i started seeing all my files showing a weird extension next to them (example: filename.exe.rugj). I hurriedly rushed to task manager to stop the Trojan from destroying my files. Afterwards i tried to manually change the file back by renaming it, but alas the encryption had done it's job, all my word documents, all my movies/series, all my ANIME, ALL MY HENTAI... gone. I ended up resetting my computer in an attempt to remove the software and it's effects, to no avail. I went to YT to check up any tech how to videos. The only app i found that helped decode a bit was qphotorec but now my computer is squeaky clean with absolutely nothing in it, my tears were a very good surface cleaner.
TLDR: Tried to be smart and download a torrent-ed software, downloaded ransomware instead and destroyed all my documents, installed games, videos of any kind. Now i'm a sad wreck who doesn't have money to pay for any sort of decrypting.
Comments
Post a Comment