- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
A little backstory, I've been working at this place for 5 years and it's been the most toxic place I've ever been. I stayed telling myself the pay was worth it but the abuse got to be too much recently. I feel like I have to justify my decision by adding that the abuse I'm referring to includes calls 24/7 asking me to do work from wherever I'm at. I've gotten calls at 3 am, while at a funeral, while at birthday parties, basically whenever my asshole boss wants. Also, he loves to make me feel like crap and insult me every chance he gets, telling me how I'm a mess and basically useless. When I confronted him about it, he said he paid me enough for me to keep my mouth shut about it.
Well today I had enough. I quit telling him that tomorrow would be my last day and it'll only be to finish what I hadn't today. I don't regret quitting I only regret not doing it earlier. My problem is that I now have no job and have to wait to hear from them places I've applied to. This means I'll be not working for at least a few weeks and as a person who lives paycheck to paycheck this is my worst nightmare. I don't know how I'm going to make rent next month as I don't know if my last paycheck will be enough to cover it. Now I'm scrambling to find some filler work while I hear from the other places I've applied to.
Anyone have any advice?
TL;DR
Comments
Post a Comment