- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I moved in with my husband 4 years ago and his house already had a washer and dryer set. I never bothered to find a manual to read how to use them because how hard can it be? You toss clothes in and then you set it to wash or dry.
I tend to do everyone's laundry. I do my husband's because it's a hassle for him to get the clothes to the wash room since he's in a wheelchair and then I have to wash the baby's clothes frequently since we don't have a ton of outfits and they get dirty fast. The real hassle, though, is washing towels and washclothes. Those things take what feels like half a day. An hour in the wash and then three hours on timed dry to get them to where they aren't wet. Timed dry on high only goes up to 1 hour so I have to keep checking on them every hour and it really holds up doing any laundry after them.
Just last night I was looking at the dryer settings and realized I didn't know what "heavy duty" as a setting was. Everything else seemed pretty self explanatory. I googled the manual and it said heavy duty was for towels and blankets that were heavier fabric and to use timed dry if a dryer setting didn't get something completely dry. So I tried it on 4 towels I knew would take the 2-3 hours dry time on timed dry. Heavy duty was an hour and then I did a 30 min timed dry and the towels were bone dry. I have been wasting my time for the past 4 years of laundry.
TLDR: I've been wasting hours of laundry time every load of laundry for the past 4 years by not looking up how to correctly use the dryer.
Comments
Post a Comment