- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I am 6'7. I am also a healthy weight for someone 8 feet tall, but i digress. Today I went shopping at a grocery store, to buy food to keep myself and my family alive, much like the hunters of old.
When I walked into the store I saw a older woman trying to reach something on a shelf that was too high. She was trying to climb up to get it. I ran over and asked her if I could grab it for her. She said yes and told me what she needed. No problem. I grabbed it handed it to her and started walking away and i hear, "sir?" I look back and she asks for another thing. ok, its also high, a shelf lower, but still....could be a stretch. so i walk back and grab it. then I notice that she has put her cart next to mine.
when i walk she walks. she starts telling me about her day, her medical ailments, lots of talk, broken up by her now just pointing at things she wants me to grab. not up high, not floor level, everything. I tried to go to the meat section and she grabbed my arm and said "not yet, we still need to do this aisle." I basically accepted my fate because it was either that or make a scene as a giant person yelling at a frail old woman.
so I did all of that ladies shopping, she filled her cart. i had to wait for her to finish before i could do mine because her pointing was distracting me from my head list. In the end she said goodbye end gave me a kiss on the cheek which was far too close to my lips and unbeknownst to me, left a super neat lipstick mark on my face that my wife was not super thrilled with. When i explained why i was at the store for so long and what it was she said she knew it was an older woman because nobody under 60 would wear that shade....so that worked out i guess?
TLDR: offered help, became a personal shopper.
Comments
Post a Comment