Skip to main content

TIFU handing my phone to my sister's sister-in-law

As with a lot of stories this didn't happen today but was a few days ago.

I was hanging out with some family a few days ago, my sister invited her in-laws, we all get along and enjoy each other's company. I was talking about a side gig I'm working on with friends and that our website was going to be updated soon. I also mention that people can sign up for email newsletter updates.

My sister's sister-in-law got excited and asked for the website. I told her the site, but she seemed to have trouble finding it. Whatever, we had a few drinks and it's not a short or that easy of a url. I try again with no luck.

Now I usually have a dozen or so tabs open on my phone browser, and the site is one of them. So I just pull it up and slide my phone over to her.

"There it is, just type in the url at the top."

I just can see she is still having trouble. Then I hear "Oh, oops, I lost it, I don't know what I pressed."

"Ok, let me see." I take my phone and she had backed out to view all the tabs.

Here is where I realized my FU. The tab next to the one she was looking at was a video I was watching last night... alone. The thumbnail makes it clear that the two ladies are more than co-workers/friends. Now it's possible she didn't see it, the screen was scrolled to the bottom with a new tab open, spicy material out of view.

"Uh, how about I just text you the link instead."

Maybe it was me being paranoid but I feel like she avoided looking at me for a looooong​ time.

Anyway, we'll see if our next hangout feels awkward.

TL;DR: handed my phone over to sister's sister-in-law to copy a url with a tab of porn just one tap away. I don't know if she saw it, but she did not look at me for like an hour after that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU By Fumbling My Gym Crush

I've never posted on Reddit before so apologies if anything is off. I (F) had a crush on a man at my gym for months. We would make extended eye contact frequently, workout in proximity, the usual gym things that get over analyzed when you like someone. He's wildly handsome, but I liked his vibe. A lot. It's hard to explain when someone's energy just hits different but his did. One day he started coming in with a woman. The day I saw her with him, he and I actually stared at each other from across the room for a while, and I turned and walked away because obviously gym rules - that's his girlfriend until I'm told otherwise. The eye contact continues and so does the proximity but I've dialed back completely because in my head, he has a girl and I am no home wrecker. Well, recently, on a Sunday, I was having a real shit day. I accidentally hurt my shoulder so my back day was all off, my body wasn't cooperating, the gym was packed - all I wanted to do w...

TIFU by sh*tting in the bushes at a high school

So I’m training for a local 10k race in a couple months. That’s about 6.2 miles. Not a long race but not a short one either. I’m making good progress and tinkering with what works for me on longer runs, how I can keep my body moving at an easy, consistent pace for about 70-80 minutes. I’ve been increasing the distance over the past few months, prioritizing getting the distance down before I work on pace. I train early mornings at a local high school track within walking distance of my house. They have public hours almost every morning from 6-8 am. It’s a very nice track with good lighting and ✨no public bathrooms✨. Because I’ve been focused on increasing distance I’m waking up earlier and earlier to get to the track and really hammer it out before I go home and shower for work. In turn, I’ve been drinking a little extra COFFEE most mornings get my body going. Til now this hasn’t been a problem, I don’t leave the house until my body takes care of business. I successfully dropped the ...