- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
One thing I (20m) noticed a few years back when I first started drinking socially is that when you do/say stupid shit while drunk people don’t hold it against you as much as if you were sober. If you’re mean or do something especially egregious, of course, people still dislike you for it, but if you just embarrass yourself they just laugh it off in a way they wouldn’t if you weren’t drinking.
Now I have adhd, which means I have the impulse control and vocal filter of a concussed toddler. So, whenever I’d especially embarrass myself I’d just lie and say I was drunk at the time. Overshared? Sorry, I was drunk. Made a joke that landed terribly? Sorry, I was drunk. So on and so forth
This worked very well for me, until recently. Seemingly out of nowhere, one of my friends asks me if “I’m okay” saying that she’s “concerned about how much I’m drinking”. I’m confused and ask her what she means by that, and she says that I’m drunk almost every day, including early in the morning. Guess I didn’t realise how often I embarrass myself and use the same lie to weasel my way out of it
So now apparently all my friends think I’m some sort of an alcoholic, and if I tell them the truth that I just be lying they’ll think I’m crazy. Might have to fake a whole sobriety arc to get out of it, but if they somehow find out in the future that that was all a lie it’d reflect even badly on me than just coming clean now
Tl;dr - I’m stupid as fuck
Comments
Post a Comment