- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
So this literally happened yesterday, and I still feel like I might throw up.
I’ve been dating my boyfriend for 3 years, and lately we’ve been having dumb little arguments. Yesterday morning, we had a fight before I left for work. I texted him during my lunch break saying, “I’m done. I can’t keep doing this. I’m exhausted and I deserve better.”
Except… I sent it to my boss.
My actual, real, corporate boss.
Within two minutes, she replied:
“I understand. Please send your formal resignation to HR so we can begin the offboarding process.”
My soul left my body. I immediately called her, panicking, explaining it was meant for my boyfriend, not her. There was a full five seconds of silence before she just said:
“Oh. Well. That’s… awkward.”
She laughed, but the HR lady did not. They still made me fill out a “retraction form” to document that I’m not resigning, since technically I submitted it in writing.
My coworkers now think I rage-quit for 15 minutes and came crawling back. My boss keeps making jokes like “Everything okay at home and at work?”
I deserve this. I’m never using my phone at work again.
TL;DR: Texted my boyfriend a breakup message, accidentally sent it to my boss, and almost lost my job.
Comments
Post a Comment