- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
So, I have pretty strong natural nails that I enjoy growing out to do nail art on. Coupled with being lazy, and I’ve let them grow out longer than I knew I should. I don’t know if other people notice this, but when they start getting too long you can feel the weak point in them and they start getting sore. However, I had an event this weekend and had JUST painted them in a way that had taken me ages but I was super happy with. I knew I probably should have cut them down a bit when I painted them, but I love the look of them long and figured it would be fine. Well, it was fine, thru my event anyway.
Later that day, sitting in my parked car, I go to put my hair up. In the process, and with all the careless force of someone who hasn’t broken a nail in ages, I smashed my nail into the headrest behind me. I could feel it bend and debatably one of the worst, sharpest pains id ever experienced followed. I screamed and tried not to freak out as the sting from a nail being broken that low takes your breath away. The split is about a third down my actual nail bed and halfway across the nail, and was definitely bleeding. I’ve broken nails before, it comes with the territory of growing them out without using acrylic or gel (and working with dogs), but never this low or this painful.
Thankfully I was parked at home, so I was able to handle it, but I’m terrified to cut it down because as scared as I am to snag it on something, I’m more scared of the pain of cutting it as all movement pisses it off. I wrapped the nail with that medical type tape that only sticks to itself, and while the pressure hurts a bit, it hurts less than the sting when it’s not wrapped. However, it’s gonna take weeks for it to grow out fully, especially as the ‘quick’ of my nails is also long, so I can’t cut them down all the way without incredible pain regardless.
TLDR: let my nails grow out too long because they were cute, smashed one the wrong way and it bent and snapped partway down my nail bed.
Comments
Post a Comment