Skip to main content

TIFU by accidentally throwing my car keys in a dumpster and canceling my date RIGHT before I found them

I’m mostly writing this to make myself feel better and distract myself from the embarrassment of my neighbors almost calling the cops on what they perceived to be a hungry, homeless person digging through the trash for food. So, today, I (19f) had a date (20m) and it was supposed to be like a cute little picnic. And I was supposed to meet his parents…

I scrubbed hard in the shower, put on my favorite perfume, brushed my teeth 2 times.

I threw on some random clothes to go clean out my car for some reason and not the one I planned for the date (THANK goodness for that) and went to clean out my car and take the laundry out from the back. In all my fervor, I realized at the very end of cleaning that I TOSSED THE KEYS IN THE APARTMENT DUMPSTER WITHOUT REALIZING IT. I panicked and immediately tried to open the trash lid to see if I could spot it. I hear a clink. Boom, it falls all the way to the bottom. I try to reach it , but I’m too short. I run upstairs and grab a stool because I’m too short to reach inside, and as I set it down, THE PLASTIC STOOL FALLS OVER BECAUSE THE CONCRETE ISN’T LEVEL AND I FALL INSIDE. I scream inside but continue looking. I eventually find the key after 15 minutes of crying, smelling like absolute shit, and calling him from inside the dumpster to cancel because I’m convinced I won’t find the key, I ended up finding it. But I scraped my finger and am now convinced I have a strain of some unknown disease. Anyways, I’ve taken another shower and swear the smell of garbage is still there so excuse me while I beat myself up, burn my clothes, and never show my face to my neighbors again.

TL;DR- I threw my keys in the trash can after a fresh shower and ended up canceling my date

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU by not disabling an option in Windows that seemingly made my PC stutter for the last 3 years

I bought a pretty good PC in 2019 (2300 € of goodness) but, a few months after I installed it, the PC started to have, at random, small freeze for like a second, every 10 to 50 min for seemingly no reason. I did tons of benchmark, pretty much read every posts about "my PC is stuttering/freezing help meee" on the internet, called the After Sale number from where I bought the PC. Removing and putting the GPU back helped for a few weeks, but then back to square one. Checked the state of my disks, the ventirad, everything ! Restarting the PC made the stuttering stop for like 1 or 2 hours that's it. I had GPU-Z and CPUID monitor on all the time to check if anything happened, and weirdly enough, having those monitoring program open made the stuttering way weaker ! Drove me absolutely crazy. Then one or two weeks ago I saw a post on r/buildapc about Fast Startup option in Windows and how it was a good idea to disable it... So I did. Since then, nothing. No stuttering, no f...

TIFU by accidentally adding the police to a private WhatsApp group for private poker nights / sports betting events.

So Poker is highly regulated here in Belgium, so is being a bookie. Yet for the past I don't know how many years I (first with some friends, now alone) have been organizing some private poker nights and have ran a private sports betting competition. This sounds like a big deal, but in reality it isn't. None of the proceeds go to me, nor is there a rake during the poker nights. Problem is: these poker nights happen in 2 pubs after hours when they are closed, both pub owners are really good mates of me. So technically the pubs might be violating the law even though people bring their own booze (some will bring a bottle of Wodka, some a crate of beer, etc ...), pub owners don't actually sell anything during those nights (technically, in practice they sometimes just serve at their cost). The buy-in is also limited to €25 euro (no rebuy), so they are basically soft home games, just taking place in a pub behind closed doors. And everyone knows each other. Most of these people...

TIFU by plastering a permanent male appendage onto my brother’s wall.

I M17, plastered a massive one square meter schlong onto my brothers wall today. For revenge. Last week I woke up from a nice, calming dream and opened my eyes to see an A4 peice of paper taped on my roof that said “Fck you.” directly above my head. there was no reason behind it. When I confronted my brother about it his reasoning was that he was bored. I thought it ended at that, so I got my brother back by putting saran wrap around his door and I made paper chains with little insults written on each loop and I taped that to his roof. He simply laughed and asked if I “found them yet?” I was confused what he meant by that but he wouldn’t say anything else so I left it at that. A few days later. At 12:00 at night, a poster from my wall falls to the ground, and behind the poster is a note tapped to my wall. (Crazy coincidence, it’s like my bedroom purposefully uncovered the note) The note had “tickle my urethra.” Written on it. I then decided to check behind a poster next to it to see ...