Skip to main content

TIFU by being obsessed with writing my signature perfectly

I (22M) have to start with a little background. I am quite a perfectionist but only for stupid shit like drawing my signature in the exact proportions I want. Because if that, whenever I'm bored, I practise and I don't stop untill I draw it the way I want. I can perfectly fill pages of with my signature out of obsession. I also like writing sometimes, it's not a hobby I'm passionate about nor I'm good at, but at times it feels good.

Everything started a few week ago. I was in a boring class with a professor I hated, so I started writing down mi signature. This time I got it faster than usual, so it only took half the sheet of paper. I was happy about it, but it also meant I had nothing to do to distract me from that horrible lesson, so I started remembering songs I liked in my head. At one point, a specific song came to my head, it was performed by Amaia, a Spanish singer, last Christmas. It had quite a medieval touch to it and it also reminded me about witches incantations when making potions, and, since it was a love song, it also reminded me of my boyfriend, so I started writing down. I'm going to translate it to you since it was in Spanish, so it may not make a lot of sense:

"Dust of bones, drops of my blood,

I summon the witches of this coven

let them conjure a link that tie you to me

and if I hurt you, may they come and kill me"

I folded the sheet of paper and save it inside a notebook, and didn't pay much attention to it.

Fast forward to last night, I went out with some friends to celebrate the master's degree was over. I was going to stay at my friend's house because we were going to a town not so far away. My boyfriend stayed home because he had to work. He had a bottle of nice beer his boos have him, so he drank a little bit. He was cleaning out the living room and, when he was going to put my notebook away, the sheet of paper feel to the floor. It's important to know he was a little drunk at this point.

So I came home this morning. We were cuddling until all of the sudden he tells me we had to talk. I was a little confused, and he said "I found your spell". I got more confused because I didn't know hat he was talking about. Then he started telling me he found a note, he thought I was into poetry and wanted to support me on that hobby, but then he saw multiple signatures. He searched on Google what it could mean, and it said that it was some kind of spell used in witchcraft to make someone love you. Then he proceeded to tell me I didn't need spells because he loves me a lot and that he would support me if I wanted to practise witchcraft.

I started laughing so hard, but I also felt a little embarrassed. I had forgotten about that sheet of paper and had no idea what he was talking about. Then I told him everything about how I write down my signature like an obsession and that I sometimes write stuff that comes to my mind, and that I don't cast spells. It was a funny moment, but I really was a little embarrassed because I don't really show anyone the things I write or my compulsive obsessions. But it was a good ending I guess.

TL;DR: I wrote in a sheet of paper a few lines that came to my mind and alsoy signature multiple times because I'm obsessed. My bf found out and thought I practised witchcraft.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU by not disabling an option in Windows that seemingly made my PC stutter for the last 3 years

I bought a pretty good PC in 2019 (2300 € of goodness) but, a few months after I installed it, the PC started to have, at random, small freeze for like a second, every 10 to 50 min for seemingly no reason. I did tons of benchmark, pretty much read every posts about "my PC is stuttering/freezing help meee" on the internet, called the After Sale number from where I bought the PC. Removing and putting the GPU back helped for a few weeks, but then back to square one. Checked the state of my disks, the ventirad, everything ! Restarting the PC made the stuttering stop for like 1 or 2 hours that's it. I had GPU-Z and CPUID monitor on all the time to check if anything happened, and weirdly enough, having those monitoring program open made the stuttering way weaker ! Drove me absolutely crazy. Then one or two weeks ago I saw a post on r/buildapc about Fast Startup option in Windows and how it was a good idea to disable it... So I did. Since then, nothing. No stuttering, no f...

TIFU by accidentally adding the police to a private WhatsApp group for private poker nights / sports betting events.

So Poker is highly regulated here in Belgium, so is being a bookie. Yet for the past I don't know how many years I (first with some friends, now alone) have been organizing some private poker nights and have ran a private sports betting competition. This sounds like a big deal, but in reality it isn't. None of the proceeds go to me, nor is there a rake during the poker nights. Problem is: these poker nights happen in 2 pubs after hours when they are closed, both pub owners are really good mates of me. So technically the pubs might be violating the law even though people bring their own booze (some will bring a bottle of Wodka, some a crate of beer, etc ...), pub owners don't actually sell anything during those nights (technically, in practice they sometimes just serve at their cost). The buy-in is also limited to €25 euro (no rebuy), so they are basically soft home games, just taking place in a pub behind closed doors. And everyone knows each other. Most of these people...

TIFU by plastering a permanent male appendage onto my brother’s wall.

I M17, plastered a massive one square meter schlong onto my brothers wall today. For revenge. Last week I woke up from a nice, calming dream and opened my eyes to see an A4 peice of paper taped on my roof that said “Fck you.” directly above my head. there was no reason behind it. When I confronted my brother about it his reasoning was that he was bored. I thought it ended at that, so I got my brother back by putting saran wrap around his door and I made paper chains with little insults written on each loop and I taped that to his roof. He simply laughed and asked if I “found them yet?” I was confused what he meant by that but he wouldn’t say anything else so I left it at that. A few days later. At 12:00 at night, a poster from my wall falls to the ground, and behind the poster is a note tapped to my wall. (Crazy coincidence, it’s like my bedroom purposefully uncovered the note) The note had “tickle my urethra.” Written on it. I then decided to check behind a poster next to it to see ...