Skip to main content

TIFU by making a Slushy Noobz reference

So most of you are probably familiar with Slushy Noobz with Hamzah and Martin. They are a comedy duo that have an ironic and over the top “cringe” style of humor. They often go viral on TikTok and YouTube with millions of views and edits which is how I discovered them.

One video of theirs is called “Draw My Life” and during the video Hamzah mentions that he got deported in Canada. Martin then says “okay my dog died 🤨” It’s one of the funniest clips I’ve ever seen and I assumed that everyone has seen it…

Well, today in my speech class, we were working on our upcoming speech. I should mention that I am more quiet and reserved when I’m in school. So there is one guy in this class, who I’ll call Benson, who has been seated next to me a few times. We will occasionally have conversation and back and forth and are friendly.

Today as one of his friends, who I’ll call Amy, was passing out papers she made a joke saying “you gotta get better handwriting.” He then joked back and said “hey don’t bully me.” It was at this moment when another guy at the table said that he has dysgraphia to which Benson confirmed.

Without thinking, I said “okay well my dog died.”

Instant silence.

Each person who could hear me was staring, mouth agape, directly at me. Benson then said “What? 😳😄” in a confused tone. I then said “my bad, I was making a reference, I’m sorry, it was just a joke.” I then asked if anyone knew what I was referencing and no one had any idea.

After a bit things resumed back to normal and people were going about their daily work. A few minutes later I asked if he really hadn’t seen the “well my dog died” clip and he said “no, what is that?”

I then briefly explained what Slushy Noobz is and I said that he has to get on that. I then emailed him the clip and he laughed.

TL;DR: I said that my dog died and silenced the room. Think about how it would sound if you didn’t get it before you make a reference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU by not disabling an option in Windows that seemingly made my PC stutter for the last 3 years

I bought a pretty good PC in 2019 (2300 € of goodness) but, a few months after I installed it, the PC started to have, at random, small freeze for like a second, every 10 to 50 min for seemingly no reason. I did tons of benchmark, pretty much read every posts about "my PC is stuttering/freezing help meee" on the internet, called the After Sale number from where I bought the PC. Removing and putting the GPU back helped for a few weeks, but then back to square one. Checked the state of my disks, the ventirad, everything ! Restarting the PC made the stuttering stop for like 1 or 2 hours that's it. I had GPU-Z and CPUID monitor on all the time to check if anything happened, and weirdly enough, having those monitoring program open made the stuttering way weaker ! Drove me absolutely crazy. Then one or two weeks ago I saw a post on r/buildapc about Fast Startup option in Windows and how it was a good idea to disable it... So I did. Since then, nothing. No stuttering, no f...

TIFU by accidentally adding the police to a private WhatsApp group for private poker nights / sports betting events.

So Poker is highly regulated here in Belgium, so is being a bookie. Yet for the past I don't know how many years I (first with some friends, now alone) have been organizing some private poker nights and have ran a private sports betting competition. This sounds like a big deal, but in reality it isn't. None of the proceeds go to me, nor is there a rake during the poker nights. Problem is: these poker nights happen in 2 pubs after hours when they are closed, both pub owners are really good mates of me. So technically the pubs might be violating the law even though people bring their own booze (some will bring a bottle of Wodka, some a crate of beer, etc ...), pub owners don't actually sell anything during those nights (technically, in practice they sometimes just serve at their cost). The buy-in is also limited to €25 euro (no rebuy), so they are basically soft home games, just taking place in a pub behind closed doors. And everyone knows each other. Most of these people...

TIFU by plastering a permanent male appendage onto my brother’s wall.

I M17, plastered a massive one square meter schlong onto my brothers wall today. For revenge. Last week I woke up from a nice, calming dream and opened my eyes to see an A4 peice of paper taped on my roof that said “Fck you.” directly above my head. there was no reason behind it. When I confronted my brother about it his reasoning was that he was bored. I thought it ended at that, so I got my brother back by putting saran wrap around his door and I made paper chains with little insults written on each loop and I taped that to his roof. He simply laughed and asked if I “found them yet?” I was confused what he meant by that but he wouldn’t say anything else so I left it at that. A few days later. At 12:00 at night, a poster from my wall falls to the ground, and behind the poster is a note tapped to my wall. (Crazy coincidence, it’s like my bedroom purposefully uncovered the note) The note had “tickle my urethra.” Written on it. I then decided to check behind a poster next to it to see ...