Skip to main content

TIFU by turning my donkey pink.

I ordered the fly cream in Fall, as to be ready by Spring. I live in Kansas; we get flies like Louisiana gets mosquitos. I like to be prepared, because spring comes suddenly and when it is 90F after a week of -30, the flies have arrieved.

The cream was placed with the rest of the donkey supplies; out in our non-insulated barn. Mental box checked.

Spring came. I used up the last of my almost empty fly cream.

We had a heavy rain, so Carrot had to have new cream applied now that she has sun dried. Poor girl had a carpet of flies on her back.

No biggy. She is trained to relax and enjoy having fly cream applied with lots of love, a few low sugar treats, and scratchies.

When I picked up the cream, the plastic cup of cream was warmer than usual since it is simply so hot today.

As I go to stick a litteral stick into it, I am surprised to see bright pink. Barbie car hot pink.

My first thought was mayyyyyybe there was a chemical reaction from the heat; maybe there was just a layer of pink.

In went the stick. It was pink all the way thew!

I check the lable and yep, it is supposed to be pink!

A quick research (safety first!) shows me that they make pink fly cream for people who need to visualize the cream. Say, someone with 25 goats would want to make sure they got all goats, maybe there's a wound you want to see at a distance and know there is cream tk keep the flies off.

Anywho.

Same chemical mix, and she needs releif asap.

I grab a nice one and a half by quarter inch scrap of wood. I snap the end to make a comb and scratch that against some old bricks to soften the comb. Then I use the flat side to scoop up some cream.

I had to use a lot of positive reinforcement, patience (aka being more stubborn than a donkey,) and give her time and trust training. Because you think I am surprised by suddenly having pink cream? Carrot does NOT like sudden change.

Letting her sniff it at a distance at her leasure, she soon decided for herself that it was fly cream.

On it goes using the stick the gently scratch her and spread it like one would soft butter on toast. She loves the attention and how it feels. She gave some approval snorts so I took off her safety haulter (if she is on the haulter, she is safe. She could still run away from the color pink far enough that she could stop at a distance she felt safe from seeing something new before returning.)

Oh, and she isn't your usual brown, barely any fur at all, Shrek-looking donkey.

She is white with brown spots. Now she is pink.

She loved her new brush I got to distribute the fly cream the rest of the way.

The pink dye did indeed help me make sure I did not miss a single area.

She's going to be pink from now on.

TL;DR: I bought fly cream for my fluffy mini spotted donkey not knowing that some versions come with pink dye. The dye has no effect on her or the flies, so she is now pink.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU by not disabling an option in Windows that seemingly made my PC stutter for the last 3 years

I bought a pretty good PC in 2019 (2300 € of goodness) but, a few months after I installed it, the PC started to have, at random, small freeze for like a second, every 10 to 50 min for seemingly no reason. I did tons of benchmark, pretty much read every posts about "my PC is stuttering/freezing help meee" on the internet, called the After Sale number from where I bought the PC. Removing and putting the GPU back helped for a few weeks, but then back to square one. Checked the state of my disks, the ventirad, everything ! Restarting the PC made the stuttering stop for like 1 or 2 hours that's it. I had GPU-Z and CPUID monitor on all the time to check if anything happened, and weirdly enough, having those monitoring program open made the stuttering way weaker ! Drove me absolutely crazy. Then one or two weeks ago I saw a post on r/buildapc about Fast Startup option in Windows and how it was a good idea to disable it... So I did. Since then, nothing. No stuttering, no f...

TIFU by accidentally adding the police to a private WhatsApp group for private poker nights / sports betting events.

So Poker is highly regulated here in Belgium, so is being a bookie. Yet for the past I don't know how many years I (first with some friends, now alone) have been organizing some private poker nights and have ran a private sports betting competition. This sounds like a big deal, but in reality it isn't. None of the proceeds go to me, nor is there a rake during the poker nights. Problem is: these poker nights happen in 2 pubs after hours when they are closed, both pub owners are really good mates of me. So technically the pubs might be violating the law even though people bring their own booze (some will bring a bottle of Wodka, some a crate of beer, etc ...), pub owners don't actually sell anything during those nights (technically, in practice they sometimes just serve at their cost). The buy-in is also limited to €25 euro (no rebuy), so they are basically soft home games, just taking place in a pub behind closed doors. And everyone knows each other. Most of these people...

TIFU by plastering a permanent male appendage onto my brother’s wall.

I M17, plastered a massive one square meter schlong onto my brothers wall today. For revenge. Last week I woke up from a nice, calming dream and opened my eyes to see an A4 peice of paper taped on my roof that said “Fck you.” directly above my head. there was no reason behind it. When I confronted my brother about it his reasoning was that he was bored. I thought it ended at that, so I got my brother back by putting saran wrap around his door and I made paper chains with little insults written on each loop and I taped that to his roof. He simply laughed and asked if I “found them yet?” I was confused what he meant by that but he wouldn’t say anything else so I left it at that. A few days later. At 12:00 at night, a poster from my wall falls to the ground, and behind the poster is a note tapped to my wall. (Crazy coincidence, it’s like my bedroom purposefully uncovered the note) The note had “tickle my urethra.” Written on it. I then decided to check behind a poster next to it to see ...