Skip to main content

TIFU: My best friend found out I’ve been still seeing our (?) ex.

My senior year of undergrad I (27F) was dating a guy for about 2 or so months when another girl (26F) reached out to me saying she’s also dating him (29M). For context, this girl and I were pretty familiar with eachother since we grew up in the same city. After the whole reveal of basically finding out he was dating the both of us at the same time, over the course of years we became great friends.

The story gets messy or so because I continued to see him in secret. I still saw him until I graduated from undergrad. Since graduating, I’ve seen him probably about three times over the course of five years due to the fact that we live in different cities, I’ve been in relationships since then, and no real communication with one another. I recently saw said ex 3 weeks ago when I traveled to his city for a work engagement over the weekend and decided to hit him up. We saw eachother and I went back home like nothing happened and continued to move on with my life.

Almost two weeks later, I wake up to multiple missed calls and unsent messages from his number. When I wake up, I call his number back but no response. 30 minutes later, he calls back but except it’s not him. It’s his on-and-off girlfriend that I did not know about inquiring who I am and the nature of my relationship with him. I’m honest with her and tell her what’s been going on and how I’ve known him for about 6 years now and have been dealing with him every now and then. There’s some drama in this whole situation but completely unrelated to my bestfriend and I. So again with this, I never planned on saying anything to my bestfriend about it and was just going to take it to my grave. The whole thing was embarrassing and I feel embarrassed about it because I shouldn’t have myself wrapped up in mess like I feel as if I’ve grown from who I was in undergrad so to still be dealing with situations of this nature in my personal life makes me feel like I’m moving backwards and not forwards. Unfortunately, I know I have myself to blame though hence the embarrassment and shame.

Anyways, my bestfriend just found out that I’ve been still seeing with him because his girlfriend shares a mutual friend with my bestfriend and told her about the situation. She has since confronted me about it and I feel deeply ashamed at the fact that I didn’t tell her. If I’m being honest, I have felt guilty about the fact that I’ve been keeping this from her. The guy does not mean more than our friendship and it’s not like his and our dynamic is anything serious. I plan on apologizing and hoping to rebuild/re-establish any trust broken in our friendship shall she want to continue to be my friend. That’s kind of what I’m worried most about because I do really care about her.

TL;DR: best friend and i dated same guy in college. i still saw him casually after graduating and hid from her until she found out through another mutual friend.

edited: giving timeline too LMFAOOOO 😭 dated same guy during fall semester of undergrad still slept with him until spring/last semester. friend and i didn’t get extremely close/hanging out frequently until 2 years after i graduated. didn’t talk to our mutual ex until 2 weeks ago randomly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU by not disabling an option in Windows that seemingly made my PC stutter for the last 3 years

I bought a pretty good PC in 2019 (2300 € of goodness) but, a few months after I installed it, the PC started to have, at random, small freeze for like a second, every 10 to 50 min for seemingly no reason. I did tons of benchmark, pretty much read every posts about "my PC is stuttering/freezing help meee" on the internet, called the After Sale number from where I bought the PC. Removing and putting the GPU back helped for a few weeks, but then back to square one. Checked the state of my disks, the ventirad, everything ! Restarting the PC made the stuttering stop for like 1 or 2 hours that's it. I had GPU-Z and CPUID monitor on all the time to check if anything happened, and weirdly enough, having those monitoring program open made the stuttering way weaker ! Drove me absolutely crazy. Then one or two weeks ago I saw a post on r/buildapc about Fast Startup option in Windows and how it was a good idea to disable it... So I did. Since then, nothing. No stuttering, no f...

TIFU by accidentally adding the police to a private WhatsApp group for private poker nights / sports betting events.

So Poker is highly regulated here in Belgium, so is being a bookie. Yet for the past I don't know how many years I (first with some friends, now alone) have been organizing some private poker nights and have ran a private sports betting competition. This sounds like a big deal, but in reality it isn't. None of the proceeds go to me, nor is there a rake during the poker nights. Problem is: these poker nights happen in 2 pubs after hours when they are closed, both pub owners are really good mates of me. So technically the pubs might be violating the law even though people bring their own booze (some will bring a bottle of Wodka, some a crate of beer, etc ...), pub owners don't actually sell anything during those nights (technically, in practice they sometimes just serve at their cost). The buy-in is also limited to €25 euro (no rebuy), so they are basically soft home games, just taking place in a pub behind closed doors. And everyone knows each other. Most of these people...

TIFU by plastering a permanent male appendage onto my brother’s wall.

I M17, plastered a massive one square meter schlong onto my brothers wall today. For revenge. Last week I woke up from a nice, calming dream and opened my eyes to see an A4 peice of paper taped on my roof that said “Fck you.” directly above my head. there was no reason behind it. When I confronted my brother about it his reasoning was that he was bored. I thought it ended at that, so I got my brother back by putting saran wrap around his door and I made paper chains with little insults written on each loop and I taped that to his roof. He simply laughed and asked if I “found them yet?” I was confused what he meant by that but he wouldn’t say anything else so I left it at that. A few days later. At 12:00 at night, a poster from my wall falls to the ground, and behind the poster is a note tapped to my wall. (Crazy coincidence, it’s like my bedroom purposefully uncovered the note) The note had “tickle my urethra.” Written on it. I then decided to check behind a poster next to it to see ...