- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
So this happened yesterday.
I work from home and have a mini-fridge in my office space, energy drinks (Celsius) and protein shakes mostly.
A while ago the little door that covers the freezer section popped off. No big deal, right?
Wrong! Slowly, I've been building a mountain of ice in my fridge.
Yesterday I decided enough was enough and figured I'd shut it down, defrost it, and fix the freezer door.
And I did! No issues.
After a few hours, I had a huge chunk of ice left over, maybe 8x6 inches and 1/2" thick. I tossed the wet towels in the washing machine, tossed the hunk of ice in the sink, and went back to work, feeling like I accomplished something.
Husband comes home and decides he wants chicken for supper. He opens a couple packs and pours the excess water (juice?) in the sink.
Yes... the same sink.
He's cooking, I'm working, and the ice is sitting in the dirty chicken-water sink.
Enter the child. 7yo. You'd think she would be old enough to think twice, but no.
She starts EATING THE ICE from the kitchen sink! 🤢 No idea how much she ate, or if it even had the chicken on it, but the potential is there.
Husband catches her when he enters the kitchen from a bathroom break. Immediately freaks out. Sink is scrubbed and disinfected, but it's too late at this point.
Child gets scrubbed with antibacterial soap and strong mouth wash, and a huge lecture about eating out of the sink (or the trash can, just in case🤷♀️).
And now we are on watch for any possible diseases or side effects for the next few days. She's made it 26 hours at this point, and still healthy. 🤞🏻
This wouldn't have happened if I would've stayed off the Celsius and just been LAZY yesterday.
TL;DR: I got hopped up on Celsius, defrosted my mini-fridge and threw a chunk of ice in my kitchen sink. Husband drained raw chicken in the same sink, and child ate the contaminated ice. Waiting for food poisoning symptoms.
Comments
Post a Comment