Skip to main content

TIFU and micro-dosed my child with raw chicken.

So this happened yesterday.

I work from home and have a mini-fridge in my office space, energy drinks (Celsius) and protein shakes mostly.

A while ago the little door that covers the freezer section popped off. No big deal, right?

Wrong! Slowly, I've been building a mountain of ice in my fridge.

Yesterday I decided enough was enough and figured I'd shut it down, defrost it, and fix the freezer door.

And I did! No issues.

After a few hours, I had a huge chunk of ice left over, maybe 8x6 inches and 1/2" thick. I tossed the wet towels in the washing machine, tossed the hunk of ice in the sink, and went back to work, feeling like I accomplished something.

Husband comes home and decides he wants chicken for supper. He opens a couple packs and pours the excess water (juice?) in the sink.

Yes... the same sink.

He's cooking, I'm working, and the ice is sitting in the dirty chicken-water sink.

Enter the child. 7yo. You'd think she would be old enough to think twice, but no.

She starts EATING THE ICE from the kitchen sink! 🤢 No idea how much she ate, or if it even had the chicken on it, but the potential is there.

Husband catches her when he enters the kitchen from a bathroom break. Immediately freaks out. Sink is scrubbed and disinfected, but it's too late at this point.

Child gets scrubbed with antibacterial soap and strong mouth wash, and a huge lecture about eating out of the sink (or the trash can, just in case🤷‍♀️).

And now we are on watch for any possible diseases or side effects for the next few days. She's made it 26 hours at this point, and still healthy. 🤞🏻

This wouldn't have happened if I would've stayed off the Celsius and just been LAZY yesterday.

TL;DR: I got hopped up on Celsius, defrosted my mini-fridge and threw a chunk of ice in my kitchen sink. Husband drained raw chicken in the same sink, and child ate the contaminated ice. Waiting for food poisoning symptoms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU by not disabling an option in Windows that seemingly made my PC stutter for the last 3 years

I bought a pretty good PC in 2019 (2300 € of goodness) but, a few months after I installed it, the PC started to have, at random, small freeze for like a second, every 10 to 50 min for seemingly no reason. I did tons of benchmark, pretty much read every posts about "my PC is stuttering/freezing help meee" on the internet, called the After Sale number from where I bought the PC. Removing and putting the GPU back helped for a few weeks, but then back to square one. Checked the state of my disks, the ventirad, everything ! Restarting the PC made the stuttering stop for like 1 or 2 hours that's it. I had GPU-Z and CPUID monitor on all the time to check if anything happened, and weirdly enough, having those monitoring program open made the stuttering way weaker ! Drove me absolutely crazy. Then one or two weeks ago I saw a post on r/buildapc about Fast Startup option in Windows and how it was a good idea to disable it... So I did. Since then, nothing. No stuttering, no f...

TIFU by accidentally adding the police to a private WhatsApp group for private poker nights / sports betting events.

So Poker is highly regulated here in Belgium, so is being a bookie. Yet for the past I don't know how many years I (first with some friends, now alone) have been organizing some private poker nights and have ran a private sports betting competition. This sounds like a big deal, but in reality it isn't. None of the proceeds go to me, nor is there a rake during the poker nights. Problem is: these poker nights happen in 2 pubs after hours when they are closed, both pub owners are really good mates of me. So technically the pubs might be violating the law even though people bring their own booze (some will bring a bottle of Wodka, some a crate of beer, etc ...), pub owners don't actually sell anything during those nights (technically, in practice they sometimes just serve at their cost). The buy-in is also limited to €25 euro (no rebuy), so they are basically soft home games, just taking place in a pub behind closed doors. And everyone knows each other. Most of these people...

TIFU by sh*tting in the bushes at a high school

So I’m training for a local 10k race in a couple months. That’s about 6.2 miles. Not a long race but not a short one either. I’m making good progress and tinkering with what works for me on longer runs, how I can keep my body moving at an easy, consistent pace for about 70-80 minutes. I’ve been increasing the distance over the past few months, prioritizing getting the distance down before I work on pace. I train early mornings at a local high school track within walking distance of my house. They have public hours almost every morning from 6-8 am. It’s a very nice track with good lighting and ✨no public bathrooms✨. Because I’ve been focused on increasing distance I’m waking up earlier and earlier to get to the track and really hammer it out before I go home and shower for work. In turn, I’ve been drinking a little extra COFFEE most mornings get my body going. Til now this hasn’t been a problem, I don’t leave the house until my body takes care of business. I successfully dropped the ...