- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I've had the biggest crush on my friend's dad for what feels like forever, and yes, I already know how bad that sounds.
He's been divorced for a few years, and every time I've been over at my friend's house, I've secretly thought he was ridiculously attractive. Not just because of how he looks, but because he's funny, easy to talk to, and has that calm, mature energy that's honestly way more attractive to me than guys my age.
A few days ago I bumped into him while I was out shopping. We ended up sitting down for coffee, and I swear we talked for almost two hours without it ever feeling awkward. When I left, I couldn't stop smiling. That conversation was replaying in my head for days, and I convinced myself maybe there was something there.
So... I did something incredibly stupid.
I messaged him on Instagram. I told him he looked really good in one of his recent photos and asked if he'd like to go out to dinner sometime. He replied saying that sounded nice and suggested we invite my friend too.
That's when it hit me that he thought I meant as family friends.
I should've just left it there.
Instead, after spending half the night overthinking it (and after a little liquid courage), I sent another message saying I actually meant a real date. Like... just him and me.
He didn't answer until today.
He was honestly as kind as he could've been. He thanked me for being honest, said he was flattered, but told me he wasn't interested and that I deserved someone closer to my own age. He also said he hoped this wouldn't make things awkward.
Unfortunately... it absolutely has.
Now I'm sitting here dying of embarrassment because I have no idea if he's told my friend. Every notification on my phone makes my heart drop, and I genuinely don't know how I'm supposed to act the next time I see either of them.
TL;DR: I convinced myself my friend's dad might like me back, confessed my crush, and got politely rejected. Now I want to disappear.
Comments
Post a Comment