Skip to main content

TIFU by creating a literal golden ratio of clean glass and bad timing

​TL;DR: Cleaned my school bus window so well it looked invisible, tried to toss a cup of my own pee out of it after a long route, and ended up covering myself and the driver's cab in urine right before a surprise inspection from my nightmare boss. Got suspended, but it gave me the push to quit and change careers.

This actually happened a while ago, but I’m finally able to laugh about it and the smell is long gone.

​For context, I used to be a mini school bus driver. I’m normally a massive clean freak and my bus was usually spotless. But my former boss was an absolute tyrant who treated everyone like garbage and seemed to live to make our lives a living hell. If there was a single piece of dust, you’d get written up. Last week, one of the kids left an empty soda can in the back. I missed it during my sweep, and my boss called me into his office just to belittled me and act like I’d committed a felony.

​Naturally, this kind of micromanagement led to a union meeting to address his toxic behavior.

​Fast forward to the day of the incident. I had just finished an insanely long route, and my nerves were already shot because I had that union rep meeting right after. The boss never lets anything go, so I was on high alert. To make matters worse, I had to pee so badly and couldn't hold it.

​There was no time to run into a facility, so out of sheer desperation, I grabbed a giant plastic cup, parked the bus, and took care of business in the driver's seat.

​Now, here’s where the fuck up happens.

​I decided to throw the urine out the driver's side window so there’d be no trace left in the bus. What I completely forgot was that earlier that morning, during my obsessive cleaning routine, I had wiped down that window until it was practically invisible. ​I mean, this glass was pristine. It was a masterpiece of clarity.

​Without looking twice, I gave the cup a confident, hard toss toward what I thought was open air.

​SPLASH.

​The window was fully rolled up.

​The liquid hit the clear glass at high velocity and bounced right back. It drenched me. It soaked the dashboard, the steering wheel, the seat, and the floorboards. I was instantly covered in my own warm urine. ​I panicked. I spent the next hour frantically scrubbing the bus with whatever cleaning wipes and towels I had left, but you can't easily scrub away that level of mistake. I smelled terrible, the bus smelled terrible, and I was running severely late.

​So, I finally pulled into the bus yard, praying I could just park, sprint to my personal car, and deal with the union meeting later. ​Because the universe has a sick sense of humor, guess who was standing in the yard waiting for me? My boss, along with a supervisor, conducting a surprise fleet inspection. ​As soon as I opened the doors, the wall of stench hit them. Then they looked at me soaked, smelling like a subway station, clutching a bottle of disinfectant, and looking visibly traumatized.

​They didn't listen to a word I said. They immediately suspended me for a week without pay on the spot for gross misconduct and unsanitary conditions.

​That suspension ended up being the best thing that ever happened to me. Sitting at home smelling like bleach finally gave me the push I needed. I called them up, handed in my resignation, and completely switched careers. I'm doing much better now, but I will never, ever clean a window that well again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU by not disabling an option in Windows that seemingly made my PC stutter for the last 3 years

I bought a pretty good PC in 2019 (2300 € of goodness) but, a few months after I installed it, the PC started to have, at random, small freeze for like a second, every 10 to 50 min for seemingly no reason. I did tons of benchmark, pretty much read every posts about "my PC is stuttering/freezing help meee" on the internet, called the After Sale number from where I bought the PC. Removing and putting the GPU back helped for a few weeks, but then back to square one. Checked the state of my disks, the ventirad, everything ! Restarting the PC made the stuttering stop for like 1 or 2 hours that's it. I had GPU-Z and CPUID monitor on all the time to check if anything happened, and weirdly enough, having those monitoring program open made the stuttering way weaker ! Drove me absolutely crazy. Then one or two weeks ago I saw a post on r/buildapc about Fast Startup option in Windows and how it was a good idea to disable it... So I did. Since then, nothing. No stuttering, no f...

TIFU by accidentally adding the police to a private WhatsApp group for private poker nights / sports betting events.

So Poker is highly regulated here in Belgium, so is being a bookie. Yet for the past I don't know how many years I (first with some friends, now alone) have been organizing some private poker nights and have ran a private sports betting competition. This sounds like a big deal, but in reality it isn't. None of the proceeds go to me, nor is there a rake during the poker nights. Problem is: these poker nights happen in 2 pubs after hours when they are closed, both pub owners are really good mates of me. So technically the pubs might be violating the law even though people bring their own booze (some will bring a bottle of Wodka, some a crate of beer, etc ...), pub owners don't actually sell anything during those nights (technically, in practice they sometimes just serve at their cost). The buy-in is also limited to €25 euro (no rebuy), so they are basically soft home games, just taking place in a pub behind closed doors. And everyone knows each other. Most of these people...

TIFU by sh*tting in the bushes at a high school

So I’m training for a local 10k race in a couple months. That’s about 6.2 miles. Not a long race but not a short one either. I’m making good progress and tinkering with what works for me on longer runs, how I can keep my body moving at an easy, consistent pace for about 70-80 minutes. I’ve been increasing the distance over the past few months, prioritizing getting the distance down before I work on pace. I train early mornings at a local high school track within walking distance of my house. They have public hours almost every morning from 6-8 am. It’s a very nice track with good lighting and ✨no public bathrooms✨. Because I’ve been focused on increasing distance I’m waking up earlier and earlier to get to the track and really hammer it out before I go home and shower for work. In turn, I’ve been drinking a little extra COFFEE most mornings get my body going. Til now this hasn’t been a problem, I don’t leave the house until my body takes care of business. I successfully dropped the ...