- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
TL;DR: Cleaned my school bus window so well it looked invisible, tried to toss a cup of my own pee out of it after a long route, and ended up covering myself and the driver's cab in urine right before a surprise inspection from my nightmare boss. Got suspended, but it gave me the push to quit and change careers.
This actually happened a while ago, but I’m finally able to laugh about it and the smell is long gone.
For context, I used to be a mini school bus driver. I’m normally a massive clean freak and my bus was usually spotless. But my former boss was an absolute tyrant who treated everyone like garbage and seemed to live to make our lives a living hell. If there was a single piece of dust, you’d get written up. Last week, one of the kids left an empty soda can in the back. I missed it during my sweep, and my boss called me into his office just to belittled me and act like I’d committed a felony.
Naturally, this kind of micromanagement led to a union meeting to address his toxic behavior.
Fast forward to the day of the incident. I had just finished an insanely long route, and my nerves were already shot because I had that union rep meeting right after. The boss never lets anything go, so I was on high alert. To make matters worse, I had to pee so badly and couldn't hold it.
There was no time to run into a facility, so out of sheer desperation, I grabbed a giant plastic cup, parked the bus, and took care of business in the driver's seat.
Now, here’s where the fuck up happens.
I decided to throw the urine out the driver's side window so there’d be no trace left in the bus. What I completely forgot was that earlier that morning, during my obsessive cleaning routine, I had wiped down that window until it was practically invisible. I mean, this glass was pristine. It was a masterpiece of clarity.
Without looking twice, I gave the cup a confident, hard toss toward what I thought was open air.
SPLASH.
The window was fully rolled up.
The liquid hit the clear glass at high velocity and bounced right back. It drenched me. It soaked the dashboard, the steering wheel, the seat, and the floorboards. I was instantly covered in my own warm urine. I panicked. I spent the next hour frantically scrubbing the bus with whatever cleaning wipes and towels I had left, but you can't easily scrub away that level of mistake. I smelled terrible, the bus smelled terrible, and I was running severely late.
So, I finally pulled into the bus yard, praying I could just park, sprint to my personal car, and deal with the union meeting later. Because the universe has a sick sense of humor, guess who was standing in the yard waiting for me? My boss, along with a supervisor, conducting a surprise fleet inspection. As soon as I opened the doors, the wall of stench hit them. Then they looked at me soaked, smelling like a subway station, clutching a bottle of disinfectant, and looking visibly traumatized.
They didn't listen to a word I said. They immediately suspended me for a week without pay on the spot for gross misconduct and unsanitary conditions.
That suspension ended up being the best thing that ever happened to me. Sitting at home smelling like bleach finally gave me the push I needed. I called them up, handed in my resignation, and completely switched careers. I'm doing much better now, but I will never, ever clean a window that well again.
Comments
Post a Comment