- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
So, I might just be an idiot. I work hard for a living and finally decided to take a full week off work with the capstone of driving to big bend national park and see the absolutely pitch black sky for the first time. I even bought a telescope on a whim, a whole $700 ,to truly take in the night.
It's a full moon tonight. For those not aware a full moon is so god damn bright, its like being in the city as far as stargazing.
I drove 8 hrs, bought a telescope, and paid a premium on the hotel just to see a WORSE night sky than I can back home on a new moon night.
I'm laughing so hard at myself right now, oh well I still get to enjoy the hiking tomorrow and I still get to appreciate the silent desert night.
Tldr: don't go stargazing during a full moon
Update: a lot of you have been talking about moonrise/moonset. The moon is up basically the entire night right now. I got double fucked.
Comments
Post a Comment