Skip to main content

TIFU by hiding in my bathroom for 45 minutes because my girlfriend wore a headband

This happens last night. To set the stage, I (24M) have a very specific, apparently unhinged psychological brain defect. I am physically and emotionally incapable of being attracted to a woman unless she has bangs. I wish this were a joke. It’s not a "cute preference" it is literally hardwired. I’ve been dating my girlfriend for 8 months. She’s amazing. She also happens to have a fringe haircut. Last night we were lounging on the couch watching TV, and she decides it’s time for her night skincare routine. Before going to the toilet she pulls out one of those ridiculous, giant plush bow headbands and scrapes ALL of her hair back so she can wash her face. Every single strand. Bangs included. Guys... my soul left my body. She turned back around to talk to me, and my brain instantly shortcircuited. The second her fringe went up and her forehead was exposed, all emotional connection evaporated. I looked at her and felt NOTHING. Zero. It was like sitting next to a completely random stranger I’ve never met in my life. My brain didn't even recognize her as the woman I’ve been saying "I love you" to for almost a year. She caught me staring weirdly at her a she asked what’s wrong. In a blind panic, my brain came up with the only emergency exit strategy it could find clutched my stomach, and yelled that I was having a sudden, explosive gastrointestinal crisis. I sprinted into the hallway, threw myself into the bathroom, and locked the door. I sat on the toilet in the dark for 45 minutes sweating through my shirt.
My ex from two years ago? The exact moment we broke up was 3 days after she grew her bangs out and parted them to the side. At the time I told her I "needed space," but in reality, my brain just saw a forehead . Eventually, my girlfriend knocked on the door asking if I needed Pepto or a hospital. She took it off, let her hair fall back down, and when I finally crept out of the bathroom, my feelings magically returned like nothing ever happened. Now I'm stuck in an existential crisis. What happens if we go to a waterpark? What if it rains? What if she decides to get a new haircut next month? Am I just supposed to look at the love of my life like she's a total stranger every time her hair gets wet? I ruined an entire night of our relationship because my brain can't process a forehead.
TL;DR: My brain is wired so that I lose 100% of my romantic feelings the second a woman hides her bangs. Girlfriend put on a skincare headband, exposed her forehead, and I panicked so hard I had to fake a severe digestive emergency and lock myself in the bathroom for nearly an hour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU by not disabling an option in Windows that seemingly made my PC stutter for the last 3 years

I bought a pretty good PC in 2019 (2300 € of goodness) but, a few months after I installed it, the PC started to have, at random, small freeze for like a second, every 10 to 50 min for seemingly no reason. I did tons of benchmark, pretty much read every posts about "my PC is stuttering/freezing help meee" on the internet, called the After Sale number from where I bought the PC. Removing and putting the GPU back helped for a few weeks, but then back to square one. Checked the state of my disks, the ventirad, everything ! Restarting the PC made the stuttering stop for like 1 or 2 hours that's it. I had GPU-Z and CPUID monitor on all the time to check if anything happened, and weirdly enough, having those monitoring program open made the stuttering way weaker ! Drove me absolutely crazy. Then one or two weeks ago I saw a post on r/buildapc about Fast Startup option in Windows and how it was a good idea to disable it... So I did. Since then, nothing. No stuttering, no f...

TIFU by accidentally adding the police to a private WhatsApp group for private poker nights / sports betting events.

So Poker is highly regulated here in Belgium, so is being a bookie. Yet for the past I don't know how many years I (first with some friends, now alone) have been organizing some private poker nights and have ran a private sports betting competition. This sounds like a big deal, but in reality it isn't. None of the proceeds go to me, nor is there a rake during the poker nights. Problem is: these poker nights happen in 2 pubs after hours when they are closed, both pub owners are really good mates of me. So technically the pubs might be violating the law even though people bring their own booze (some will bring a bottle of Wodka, some a crate of beer, etc ...), pub owners don't actually sell anything during those nights (technically, in practice they sometimes just serve at their cost). The buy-in is also limited to €25 euro (no rebuy), so they are basically soft home games, just taking place in a pub behind closed doors. And everyone knows each other. Most of these people...

TIFU by sh*tting in the bushes at a high school

So I’m training for a local 10k race in a couple months. That’s about 6.2 miles. Not a long race but not a short one either. I’m making good progress and tinkering with what works for me on longer runs, how I can keep my body moving at an easy, consistent pace for about 70-80 minutes. I’ve been increasing the distance over the past few months, prioritizing getting the distance down before I work on pace. I train early mornings at a local high school track within walking distance of my house. They have public hours almost every morning from 6-8 am. It’s a very nice track with good lighting and ✨no public bathrooms✨. Because I’ve been focused on increasing distance I’m waking up earlier and earlier to get to the track and really hammer it out before I go home and shower for work. In turn, I’ve been drinking a little extra COFFEE most mornings get my body going. Til now this hasn’t been a problem, I don’t leave the house until my body takes care of business. I successfully dropped the ...