Skip to main content

TIFU trying to help

TIFU by hiding in my bathroom for 45 minutes because my girlfriend wore a headband

This happens last night. To set the stage, I (24M) have a very specific, apparently unhinged psychological brain defect. I am physically and emotionally incapable of being attracted to a woman unless she has bangs. I wish this were a joke. It’s not a "cute preference" it is literally hardwired. I’ve been dating my girlfriend for 8 months. She’s amazing. She also happens to have a fringe haircut. Last night we were lounging on the couch watching TV, and she decides it’s time for her night skincare routine. Before going to the toilet she pulls out one of those ridiculous, giant plush bow headbands and scrapes ALL of her hair back so she can wash her face. Every single strand. Bangs included. Guys... my soul left my body. She turned back around to talk to me, and my brain instantly shortcircuited. The second her fringe went up and her forehead was exposed, all emotional connection evaporated. I looked at her and felt NOTHING. Zero. It was like sitting next to a completely random stranger I’ve never met in my life. My brain didn't even recognize her as the woman I’ve been saying "I love you" to for almost a year. She caught me staring weirdly at her a she asked what’s wrong. In a blind panic, my brain came up with the only emergency exit strategy it could find clutched my stomach, and yelled that I was having a sudden, explosive gastrointestinal crisis. I sprinted into the hallway, threw myself into the bathroom, and locked the door. I sat on the toilet in the dark for 45 minutes sweating through my shirt.
My ex from two years ago? The exact moment we broke up was 3 days after she grew her bangs out and parted them to the side. At the time I told her I "needed space," but in reality, my brain just saw a forehead . Eventually, my girlfriend knocked on the door asking if I needed Pepto or a hospital. She took it off, let her hair fall back down, and when I finally crept out of the bathroom, my feelings magically returned like nothing ever happened. Now I'm stuck in an existential crisis. What happens if we go to a waterpark? What if it rains? What if she decides to get a new haircut next month? Am I just supposed to look at the love of my life like she's a total stranger every time her hair gets wet? I ruined an entire night of our relationship because my brain can't process a forehead.
TL;DR: My brain is wired so that I lose 100% of my romantic feelings the second a woman hides her bangs. Girlfriend put on a skincare headband, exposed her forehead, and I panicked so hard I had to fake a severe digestive emergency and lock myself in the bathroom for nearly an hour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU- by eating multiple cans of Pringles and drinking an entire bottle of wine

Tifu by eating several cans of sour cream Pringles and drinking an entire bottle of wine. I have autism and that makes me really picky about food, so my diet is terrible. I’ve also run out of fiber supplements that I usually have every day, and I haven’t had any for weeks. Basically last night, I had more than 2 of those huge cans of sour cream Pringles and I also drank an entire bottle of wine, over the course of the night. Big mistake. I knew my stomach wasn’t doing well but I didn’t think it would be this bad. I sat on the toilet and it felt like a demon was being released. It was genuinely a mountain of hot, soft, green, shit. And it just kept coming. It hurt so badly. I had to flush THREE times during ONE shit (because I used so much toilet paper). And I had to wipe so much that it started making my chocolate starfish feel super raw and dry. At one point, it literally felt like someone was holding a flame to the inside of my asshole. I was shaking, hyperventilating, sweati...

TIFU by getting called racist for not handing cash to a customer

today I (F18) fucked up by worked a long ahh shift and got put on register. I never hand money in people’s hands as customers have yelled at me for it, and i think it’s germy so I scoot it towards them as a sign of respect. this lady came in and after i did that she goes “Imma need you to do that again and put it in my hand, you did this last time too don’t you know it’s disrespectful” (meanwhile i haven’t worked register in 2 months at said job and didn’t recognize her) so i apologize, and then cuz it’s call off time i go talk to my boss about it and they all agree with me. apparently though she told my keyholder who’s a poc i was being RACIST by not touching her. so i got told i need to do better even though i didn’t do anything. she was insinuating i was a racist. idk if i should quit or what but i fucked up. TL;DR: i’m a dumbass

TIFU by making a joke that landed horribly

I was talking to someone and thought I was being funny, but the second the words left my mouth I knew I had messed up. It was one of those jokes that sounds fine in your head and then just dies completely in real life. Nobody laughed, the mood got awkward instantly, and I could feel my face getting hot because I knew I had just made everything weird for no reason. What made it worse is that I tried to recover from it instead of just shutting up. So then I started talking more, which only made it more obvious that I was panicking. You know that feeling when you can hear yourself getting worse while it’s happening and you still can’t stop? yeah, that was me. I kept trying to act normal, but the whole thing was already gone. After that I just wanted to disappear and pretend it never happened. I’m still thinking about it way more than I should, which somehow makes it even more embarrassing. I really should have just kept my mouth shut for once. TL;DR: I tried to be funny and the joke...