Skip to main content

TIFU by letting my used sanitary pad become a dog toy

So this happened many years ago. I was an exchange student living in the UK with a host family, consisting of a single mother with two daughters around ages 8-10.

First week in the house I got my period. At home I usually keep a bin next to the toilet for disposing of sanitary pads and such, but in this home they clearly didn't, so when I went to the bathroom to change my pad I didn't know what to do. Didn't want to flush it and risk causing a clog.

I was really shy and didn't feel comfortable asking the host mother, so I wrapped it thoroughly in tp and threw it in the bin under the desk in my room.

Later that day we were having dinner and one of the daughters said, pointing at their dog fiddling with something in a corner. "Mum, she's got one of your uh... thingies." Turns out their dog found it extremely interesting, to the point where he had managed to pick it out of my bin, unwrapped it and lay there LICKING it. Ew.

I didn't say a word, but I realized the mother must have known it was mine. She handled it fine though and laughed it off. I cringed the rest of the evening.

TL;DR My host's dog tried to eat my period blood at dinner. I pretended to not notice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU by getting called racist for not handing cash to a customer

today I (F18) fucked up by worked a long ahh shift and got put on register. I never hand money in people’s hands as customers have yelled at me for it, and i think it’s germy so I scoot it towards them as a sign of respect. this lady came in and after i did that she goes “Imma need you to do that again and put it in my hand, you did this last time too don’t you know it’s disrespectful” (meanwhile i haven’t worked register in 2 months at said job and didn’t recognize her) so i apologize, and then cuz it’s call off time i go talk to my boss about it and they all agree with me. apparently though she told my keyholder who’s a poc i was being RACIST by not touching her. so i got told i need to do better even though i didn’t do anything. she was insinuating i was a racist. idk if i should quit or what but i fucked up. TL;DR: i’m a dumbass

TIFU by making a joke that landed horribly

I was talking to someone and thought I was being funny, but the second the words left my mouth I knew I had messed up. It was one of those jokes that sounds fine in your head and then just dies completely in real life. Nobody laughed, the mood got awkward instantly, and I could feel my face getting hot because I knew I had just made everything weird for no reason. What made it worse is that I tried to recover from it instead of just shutting up. So then I started talking more, which only made it more obvious that I was panicking. You know that feeling when you can hear yourself getting worse while it’s happening and you still can’t stop? yeah, that was me. I kept trying to act normal, but the whole thing was already gone. After that I just wanted to disappear and pretend it never happened. I’m still thinking about it way more than I should, which somehow makes it even more embarrassing. I really should have just kept my mouth shut for once. TL;DR: I tried to be funny and the joke...

TIFU by sh*tting in the bushes at a high school

So I’m training for a local 10k race in a couple months. That’s about 6.2 miles. Not a long race but not a short one either. I’m making good progress and tinkering with what works for me on longer runs, how I can keep my body moving at an easy, consistent pace for about 70-80 minutes. I’ve been increasing the distance over the past few months, prioritizing getting the distance down before I work on pace. I train early mornings at a local high school track within walking distance of my house. They have public hours almost every morning from 6-8 am. It’s a very nice track with good lighting and ✨no public bathrooms✨. Because I’ve been focused on increasing distance I’m waking up earlier and earlier to get to the track and really hammer it out before I go home and shower for work. In turn, I’ve been drinking a little extra COFFEE most mornings get my body going. Til now this hasn’t been a problem, I don’t leave the house until my body takes care of business. I successfully dropped the ...