- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I'm an Operations manager for a shipping warehouse for flashlights. We got a customer who emailed in, he was saying his flashlight wasn't working properly, though it seemed to the tech that he simply hadn't locked it out properly. The guy wasn't super nice in his email but he was upset, so the warranty guy changed the subject line before he sent it to me, along with a snarky message. I deleted the message... but not the subject line which, as you can see, isn't exactly flattering. I'm a fucking idiot, it turns out.
Well, turns out the customer didn't appreciate it too much either. His original message had no subject line, but what he got back was "Baby doesn't know his flashlight has a lockout."
The customer was not amused, but everyone in my office is now talking to me in baby speak and it's sending me. I mean, it's kind of funny and kind of not, and it's maybe not 100% my fault... but I definitely fucked up here.
TL,DR: I sent an email with an insulting subject line to a customer on accident.
Comments
Post a Comment