Skip to main content

TIFU by opening a car that wasn't mine.

Everything is okay, just found it hilarious. I came back from Costco and went to what I thought was my car. My car unlocks the moment I open the door handle because I have my key within it's radius.

I opened this car and noticed how much more classy it looked inside and immediately closed that door.

Some of you might wonder why I did not lock that door. It was in the heat of the moment! I was too busy surprised at knowing this was not my car and any possible legal ramifications I could get if I did anything further than just close the door and walk away. I also did not know their life situation (whether or not that sounds like a stretch) they might do it this way because of any reason. Their car was pretty clean (from what I glanced at) nothing to steal.

I made a short little recording both out of humor of the situation to send friends, and to protect myself! (although I don't think that will be necessary.)

While making the recording a second time (because I was being a little perfectionist) the owners of the car had arrived. They were an older couple (although anyone could do this. There was one time this woman around my age had entered the back of my car thinking it was her friends and was mortified when she saw me staring back at her before leaving the car. Bless her heart, accidents happen! And it's not her fault, it's mine for not locking my car! It's kind of why I don't like my current car right now because as soon as you park it unlocks without you manually doing that. Yes, I strive to lock my car as soon as I enter. I'm not trying to be one of those protagonists in those kidnapping movies.)

But yeah. No harm no foul. Everything ended up being okay and it was just funny and interesting that it happened. I'm sorry if my narriration is weird or excessive, I was trying to be transparent and cover any potential questions 😊.

TLDR: opened someone else's car that wasn't mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU by not disabling an option in Windows that seemingly made my PC stutter for the last 3 years

I bought a pretty good PC in 2019 (2300 € of goodness) but, a few months after I installed it, the PC started to have, at random, small freeze for like a second, every 10 to 50 min for seemingly no reason. I did tons of benchmark, pretty much read every posts about "my PC is stuttering/freezing help meee" on the internet, called the After Sale number from where I bought the PC. Removing and putting the GPU back helped for a few weeks, but then back to square one. Checked the state of my disks, the ventirad, everything ! Restarting the PC made the stuttering stop for like 1 or 2 hours that's it. I had GPU-Z and CPUID monitor on all the time to check if anything happened, and weirdly enough, having those monitoring program open made the stuttering way weaker ! Drove me absolutely crazy. Then one or two weeks ago I saw a post on r/buildapc about Fast Startup option in Windows and how it was a good idea to disable it... So I did. Since then, nothing. No stuttering, no f...

TIFU by accidentally adding the police to a private WhatsApp group for private poker nights / sports betting events.

So Poker is highly regulated here in Belgium, so is being a bookie. Yet for the past I don't know how many years I (first with some friends, now alone) have been organizing some private poker nights and have ran a private sports betting competition. This sounds like a big deal, but in reality it isn't. None of the proceeds go to me, nor is there a rake during the poker nights. Problem is: these poker nights happen in 2 pubs after hours when they are closed, both pub owners are really good mates of me. So technically the pubs might be violating the law even though people bring their own booze (some will bring a bottle of Wodka, some a crate of beer, etc ...), pub owners don't actually sell anything during those nights (technically, in practice they sometimes just serve at their cost). The buy-in is also limited to €25 euro (no rebuy), so they are basically soft home games, just taking place in a pub behind closed doors. And everyone knows each other. Most of these people...

TIFU by sh*tting in the bushes at a high school

So I’m training for a local 10k race in a couple months. That’s about 6.2 miles. Not a long race but not a short one either. I’m making good progress and tinkering with what works for me on longer runs, how I can keep my body moving at an easy, consistent pace for about 70-80 minutes. I’ve been increasing the distance over the past few months, prioritizing getting the distance down before I work on pace. I train early mornings at a local high school track within walking distance of my house. They have public hours almost every morning from 6-8 am. It’s a very nice track with good lighting and ✨no public bathrooms✨. Because I’ve been focused on increasing distance I’m waking up earlier and earlier to get to the track and really hammer it out before I go home and shower for work. In turn, I’ve been drinking a little extra COFFEE most mornings get my body going. Til now this hasn’t been a problem, I don’t leave the house until my body takes care of business. I successfully dropped the ...