Skip to main content

TIFU by permanently damaging my eyesight because I thought it would get better on its own.

I ruined my own eyes because of my own stupidity. I ignored my eye symptoms for a long time, convincing myself they were only temporary and would eventually go away. Instead, they kept getting worse. After two months, things had deteriorated so much that I spent all of my savings seeing three different eye doctors. The first two treatments didn't help at all, and my vision continued to decline. The third doctor finally figured out what was actually wrong. He prescribed five different medications that I needed to buy out of pocket. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford them all. I only bought two of them—Lotemax for the inflammation and Sancoba—and planned to buy the remaining medications after I got paid the following month. I never imagined that one month would be enough for my eyes to deteriorate beyond recovery. Looking back, I missed multiple opportunities to treat my condition because I kept delaying it. I also made the incredibly stupid decision to skip some of the prescribed medications on my own, thinking I could manage without them. Now I'm on the verge of losing my job. My savings are gone, and my life has been turned upside down because of the vision I've lost.l I don't blame anyone except myself.

TL;DR: I ignored my worsening eye condition, couldn't afford all of my prescribed medications, and convinced myself I could wait. That delay permanently damaged my eyesight and may cost me my job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU by not disabling an option in Windows that seemingly made my PC stutter for the last 3 years

I bought a pretty good PC in 2019 (2300 € of goodness) but, a few months after I installed it, the PC started to have, at random, small freeze for like a second, every 10 to 50 min for seemingly no reason. I did tons of benchmark, pretty much read every posts about "my PC is stuttering/freezing help meee" on the internet, called the After Sale number from where I bought the PC. Removing and putting the GPU back helped for a few weeks, but then back to square one. Checked the state of my disks, the ventirad, everything ! Restarting the PC made the stuttering stop for like 1 or 2 hours that's it. I had GPU-Z and CPUID monitor on all the time to check if anything happened, and weirdly enough, having those monitoring program open made the stuttering way weaker ! Drove me absolutely crazy. Then one or two weeks ago I saw a post on r/buildapc about Fast Startup option in Windows and how it was a good idea to disable it... So I did. Since then, nothing. No stuttering, no f...

TIFU by accidentally adding the police to a private WhatsApp group for private poker nights / sports betting events.

So Poker is highly regulated here in Belgium, so is being a bookie. Yet for the past I don't know how many years I (first with some friends, now alone) have been organizing some private poker nights and have ran a private sports betting competition. This sounds like a big deal, but in reality it isn't. None of the proceeds go to me, nor is there a rake during the poker nights. Problem is: these poker nights happen in 2 pubs after hours when they are closed, both pub owners are really good mates of me. So technically the pubs might be violating the law even though people bring their own booze (some will bring a bottle of Wodka, some a crate of beer, etc ...), pub owners don't actually sell anything during those nights (technically, in practice they sometimes just serve at their cost). The buy-in is also limited to €25 euro (no rebuy), so they are basically soft home games, just taking place in a pub behind closed doors. And everyone knows each other. Most of these people...

TIFU by sh*tting in the bushes at a high school

So I’m training for a local 10k race in a couple months. That’s about 6.2 miles. Not a long race but not a short one either. I’m making good progress and tinkering with what works for me on longer runs, how I can keep my body moving at an easy, consistent pace for about 70-80 minutes. I’ve been increasing the distance over the past few months, prioritizing getting the distance down before I work on pace. I train early mornings at a local high school track within walking distance of my house. They have public hours almost every morning from 6-8 am. It’s a very nice track with good lighting and ✨no public bathrooms✨. Because I’ve been focused on increasing distance I’m waking up earlier and earlier to get to the track and really hammer it out before I go home and shower for work. In turn, I’ve been drinking a little extra COFFEE most mornings get my body going. Til now this hasn’t been a problem, I don’t leave the house until my body takes care of business. I successfully dropped the ...