- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I ruined my own eyes because of my own stupidity. I ignored my eye symptoms for a long time, convincing myself they were only temporary and would eventually go away. Instead, they kept getting worse. After two months, things had deteriorated so much that I spent all of my savings seeing three different eye doctors. The first two treatments didn't help at all, and my vision continued to decline. The third doctor finally figured out what was actually wrong. He prescribed five different medications that I needed to buy out of pocket. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford them all. I only bought two of them—Lotemax for the inflammation and Sancoba—and planned to buy the remaining medications after I got paid the following month. I never imagined that one month would be enough for my eyes to deteriorate beyond recovery. Looking back, I missed multiple opportunities to treat my condition because I kept delaying it. I also made the incredibly stupid decision to skip some of the prescribed medications on my own, thinking I could manage without them. Now I'm on the verge of losing my job. My savings are gone, and my life has been turned upside down because of the vision I've lost.l I don't blame anyone except myself.
TL;DR: I ignored my worsening eye condition, couldn't afford all of my prescribed medications, and convinced myself I could wait. That delay permanently damaged my eyesight and may cost me my job.
Comments
Post a Comment