Skip to main content

TIFU by sleeping with my bestfriend who has a boyfriend

I 17(F) and my best friend also 17(F) - let’s call her Emma - have been super close for a couple years now, we met playing for the same football team. She has been with her boyfriend M(17) for two years. Both me and my friend are outwardly bisexual and I have always noticed a certain tension between us which isn’t exactly friendly and there has been certain moments where i’ve felt like something could happen.

The boyfriend who I will call Marcus (idk if any of them have reddit lol) has had a few moments of being unfaithful to Emma, not really enough to be fully cheating but definitely weird. One time we were all at a house party and Marcus had his hand on another friends 17(F) thigh under a blanket which I moved because I saw movement under it. There has been other instances similar.

Anyway I had a big family party which Emma had been invited to - she spends a lot of time at my house and knows my whole extended family. After all the rest of the guests left we were cuddled up on the sofa at about 3am, I noticed she was getting more and more touchy and tbh I reciprocated - I kinda had a crush on her but never acted on it because she had a boyfriend. We were inches from each others face and she was playing with my hair and leant in to kiss me. I kissed her back and we ended up sleeping together - for the next week we spent every minute together and were sleeping together pretty much every night of that week.
Eventually we came back to reality and had a heartbreaking conversation where she admitted she had had feelings for me for months and I said the same. It ended in tears and her saying that she needs to break up with her boyfriend and then we can figure out what we are. I obviously felt like shit, I know the boyfriend was inappropriate with other girls but that doesn’t justify me homewrecking.

After a few weeks she broke up with boyfriend and then without talking to me told our entire friendgroup what had happened and painted me in a horrible light. She told them that she was drunk (she was not we had like two drinks hours and hours before) and that I took advantage of the situation, knowing that her and her boyfriend had been going through a rough patch. I only ever reciprocated at the same level of intimacy she initiated because I was so scared of her thinking this - she was telling me how she was in love with me the entire time.

Anyway this ended in my whole friendgroup being angry with me, thinking I had split up an otherwise happy couple and that I took advantage of Emma. I couldn’t bring myself to come to school for a week to the point where my mum had to get in touch with a therapist because I wouldn’t leave my room. To make it worse when I went to football training I had multiple of our mutual friends asking if what she said was true - it was so so humiliating.

Fast forward a few weeks and me and Emma were on speaking terms again, she still hadn’t apologised but I was stupid and in love so I let it happen. She tells me she was talking to another girl from our football team - obviously my heart dropped - I was waiting for this whole thing to blow over so we could figure our relationship out. Eventually she tells me they slept together and that was my breaking point, I broke down crying and she tells me that was she said during that week didn’t mean anything and she was confused - and said it was weird that I wanted a relationship with her. This entire time my friendgroup had been weird with me, I had tried explaining what actually happened but they all said I crossed a line and shouldn’t have taken advantage. I don’t know what to do it feels like everything is falling apart, any advice?

TL;DR: So basically I slept with my bestfriend who has a boyfriend now my entire friendgroup hates me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU by not disabling an option in Windows that seemingly made my PC stutter for the last 3 years

I bought a pretty good PC in 2019 (2300 € of goodness) but, a few months after I installed it, the PC started to have, at random, small freeze for like a second, every 10 to 50 min for seemingly no reason. I did tons of benchmark, pretty much read every posts about "my PC is stuttering/freezing help meee" on the internet, called the After Sale number from where I bought the PC. Removing and putting the GPU back helped for a few weeks, but then back to square one. Checked the state of my disks, the ventirad, everything ! Restarting the PC made the stuttering stop for like 1 or 2 hours that's it. I had GPU-Z and CPUID monitor on all the time to check if anything happened, and weirdly enough, having those monitoring program open made the stuttering way weaker ! Drove me absolutely crazy. Then one or two weeks ago I saw a post on r/buildapc about Fast Startup option in Windows and how it was a good idea to disable it... So I did. Since then, nothing. No stuttering, no f...

TIFU by accidentally adding the police to a private WhatsApp group for private poker nights / sports betting events.

So Poker is highly regulated here in Belgium, so is being a bookie. Yet for the past I don't know how many years I (first with some friends, now alone) have been organizing some private poker nights and have ran a private sports betting competition. This sounds like a big deal, but in reality it isn't. None of the proceeds go to me, nor is there a rake during the poker nights. Problem is: these poker nights happen in 2 pubs after hours when they are closed, both pub owners are really good mates of me. So technically the pubs might be violating the law even though people bring their own booze (some will bring a bottle of Wodka, some a crate of beer, etc ...), pub owners don't actually sell anything during those nights (technically, in practice they sometimes just serve at their cost). The buy-in is also limited to €25 euro (no rebuy), so they are basically soft home games, just taking place in a pub behind closed doors. And everyone knows each other. Most of these people...

TIFU by sh*tting in the bushes at a high school

So I’m training for a local 10k race in a couple months. That’s about 6.2 miles. Not a long race but not a short one either. I’m making good progress and tinkering with what works for me on longer runs, how I can keep my body moving at an easy, consistent pace for about 70-80 minutes. I’ve been increasing the distance over the past few months, prioritizing getting the distance down before I work on pace. I train early mornings at a local high school track within walking distance of my house. They have public hours almost every morning from 6-8 am. It’s a very nice track with good lighting and ✨no public bathrooms✨. Because I’ve been focused on increasing distance I’m waking up earlier and earlier to get to the track and really hammer it out before I go home and shower for work. In turn, I’ve been drinking a little extra COFFEE most mornings get my body going. Til now this hasn’t been a problem, I don’t leave the house until my body takes care of business. I successfully dropped the ...