- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
To preface this, I’m in my twenties (F) and I have my friends over at my place to get ready, do our makeup and have drinks all the time before and after social functions/ going out. Over the years it’s common for people to leave jackets, bags, makeup or alcohol behind and usually unless it’s something important or the person is my close friend I’ll just toss it or hold onto it. Me and my best friends have a lot of our clothing and accessories or makeup rotating and it’s never a big deal. (Before anyone comments it’s unhygienic, we don’t really care I know, feel free to call me gross but I’ve shared makeup aside from eye products for years, don’t come at me.) Anyways somebody who isn’t a close friend of mine left some stuff at my place and first of all I wasn’t sure who’s stuff was who’s but it was on my countertop and I gave it a try.
It’s been about two weeks and I was impressed by this stuff but my close friend who’s the mutual connection texted me and said “XYZ really needs her things back, they’re expensive. When can she come get them?” At first I thought no biggie she can come get her stuff soon but I realized I used most of her setting mist and an eye cream. I’m unsure if she’d notice depending on how meticulous she pays attention but being SUPER self conscious about using a lot, I figured why not just buy a new one and replace it before she notices? Well it’s about $50 for the spray and $80 for the eye cream.
I am humiliated because I would never have used it all or kept it if I had any idea how pricy they were, I don’t blame her for wanting them back but I also don’t want to admit that I can’t afford to buy new ones if she calls me out on using them. A different friend said “finders keepers”, and that the girl shouldn’t have left things at my house for two weeks without reaching out but I’d feel rude saying that and I do believe it’s my own fault. It’s mostly a pride thing to be honest admitting that I’m poor and in student debt, $130 is my monthly grocery budget, and admitting that makes me really self conscious especially to somebody with more money.
TLDR: A friend of a friend left her beauty products at my house and I used them because she didnt reach out immediately and now she wants them back but I didn’t realize they were too expensive to replace and I used a lot up.
Comments
Post a Comment