- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
My passport got slightly bent after I left it in an overpacked drawer, so I put it inside the heaviest cookbook I own and stacked a few more books on top. It worked perfectly, and I completely forgot it was still in there.
While clearing out my kitchen, I donated a box of cookbooks to a local charity shop. Later, while packing for a trip I’ve been saving money for, I couldn’t find my passport anywhere. After tearing apart my apartment, I remembered my genius passport flattening system.
I called the shop and the cookbook had already sold. Thankfully the person who bought it found my passport next to a beef stew recipe and contacted the shop.
I got it back, but she did ask why I use government documents as bookmarks.
TL;DR I flattened my passport inside a cookbook, forgot about it, donated the book and accidentally gave a stranger my identity with 200 soup recipes.
Comments
Post a Comment