Skip to main content

TIFU using the love seat

I convinced my father to go watch The Odyssey with me. What I expected to be a wholesome father son bonding experience ended up being an awkward situation that became nightmare fuel. My fuck up was set in motion the moment my dad and I arrived at the cinema and realised The Odyssey was almost sold out. It was opening weekend. I should've booked online in advance, but it was the first screening of the day and I thought not many people were gonna show up for the earliest show. I was wrong.

Limited seats were available. My dad and I had one of two choices. Choice number 1. We select any of the normal seats available, but then we would not be sitting together. Choice number 2. We select the "love seat", which is basically two seats merged into one so that couples can sit as close to each other as possible. My dad opted for the love seat instead of the random seats that would separate us. Before I could even think of suggesting anything else, my dad said if I was worried about what strangers might think, then I should stop because no one was gonna pay any attention to us.

Cut to my dad and I awkwardly moving down a crowded row. My dad was leading the way. We were repeatedly saying "excuse me" or "sorry" because people had to make space for us to pass. Would my dad not interrupt his own "sorry excuse me" to ask a random girl if the available seat next to her was the seat reserved for couples. The girl looked confused at first, but then she nodded. My dad turned to me and said FOUND THE LOVE SEAT. I was practically hiding my face behind my popcorn at that moment. As my dad and I sat down, he thanked the girl for assisting him and then he decided to specifically introduce me as his son, which would've been fine if that was where it ended.

However, my dad thought it would be funny to tell the girl how afraid I was that people were gonna think we were together. I could tell the girl was caught off guard by the continuation of the conversation, but she was kind enough to at least pretend she cared. My dad attempted to include me in the conversation by encouraging me to repeat the word I used earlier when the two of us were still debating the love seat situation. I refused to repeat the word, but my dad kept asking until I finally said TWINK DAD TWINK. My dad snapped his fingers like he just heard me say something that was on the tip of his tongue before he made it clear to the girl that even though were sitting where couples usually sit, we were not "twinking."

I interrupted my dad and made him aware that he might be bothering the girl. My dad apologised and left the girl alone. I thought the worst was over until my dad leaned in during the movie and quietly asked if it was "twinking" if a father wanted to put his arm around the shoulder of his son in the love seat. I said the word was "twink" and he was using it wrong. But... I was okay with my dad putting his arm around my shoulder. Not gonna lie, the experience was somewhat embarrassing, but I still appreciated spending time with my dad. Anyway, not the craziest fuck up compared to what I've seen on here, but it definitely had moments I wished never happened lol.

Tl:dr Went to the movies with my dad. Didn't book seats in advance. Limited seats were available. Specifically, the love seat, which is meant for couples. My dad and I were forced to use the love seat, which prompted him to tell the random person next to us how uncomfortable I was and how the two of us were not twinks, or as he put it, "twinking."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU by not disabling an option in Windows that seemingly made my PC stutter for the last 3 years

I bought a pretty good PC in 2019 (2300 € of goodness) but, a few months after I installed it, the PC started to have, at random, small freeze for like a second, every 10 to 50 min for seemingly no reason. I did tons of benchmark, pretty much read every posts about "my PC is stuttering/freezing help meee" on the internet, called the After Sale number from where I bought the PC. Removing and putting the GPU back helped for a few weeks, but then back to square one. Checked the state of my disks, the ventirad, everything ! Restarting the PC made the stuttering stop for like 1 or 2 hours that's it. I had GPU-Z and CPUID monitor on all the time to check if anything happened, and weirdly enough, having those monitoring program open made the stuttering way weaker ! Drove me absolutely crazy. Then one or two weeks ago I saw a post on r/buildapc about Fast Startup option in Windows and how it was a good idea to disable it... So I did. Since then, nothing. No stuttering, no f...

TIFU by accidentally adding the police to a private WhatsApp group for private poker nights / sports betting events.

So Poker is highly regulated here in Belgium, so is being a bookie. Yet for the past I don't know how many years I (first with some friends, now alone) have been organizing some private poker nights and have ran a private sports betting competition. This sounds like a big deal, but in reality it isn't. None of the proceeds go to me, nor is there a rake during the poker nights. Problem is: these poker nights happen in 2 pubs after hours when they are closed, both pub owners are really good mates of me. So technically the pubs might be violating the law even though people bring their own booze (some will bring a bottle of Wodka, some a crate of beer, etc ...), pub owners don't actually sell anything during those nights (technically, in practice they sometimes just serve at their cost). The buy-in is also limited to €25 euro (no rebuy), so they are basically soft home games, just taking place in a pub behind closed doors. And everyone knows each other. Most of these people...

TIFU by sh*tting in the bushes at a high school

So I’m training for a local 10k race in a couple months. That’s about 6.2 miles. Not a long race but not a short one either. I’m making good progress and tinkering with what works for me on longer runs, how I can keep my body moving at an easy, consistent pace for about 70-80 minutes. I’ve been increasing the distance over the past few months, prioritizing getting the distance down before I work on pace. I train early mornings at a local high school track within walking distance of my house. They have public hours almost every morning from 6-8 am. It’s a very nice track with good lighting and ✨no public bathrooms✨. Because I’ve been focused on increasing distance I’m waking up earlier and earlier to get to the track and really hammer it out before I go home and shower for work. In turn, I’ve been drinking a little extra COFFEE most mornings get my body going. Til now this hasn’t been a problem, I don’t leave the house until my body takes care of business. I successfully dropped the ...