- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
TL;DR: I unknowingly had a relationship with a married coworker who lied and told me he was divorced. His wife told me, I cut contact as soon as I found out. Five months later, his wife found my address and left a note for even more answers..
it gets worse. UPDATE AFTER BEING STALKED
I was an unknowing affair partner to someone and I met at work (22F/44M) and it was very public. 6 months later his “ex-wife” told me he was actually married and deceived me, after finding my number. I cut contact, she thanked me and nothing from there on. I basically had a lot of questions for five months, but I was trying to move on.
Yesterday the wife finds my address and left a note. It had been 5 months so this all felt kind of sketchy. The note was in riddles, asking to meet up. I was very hesitant because before, he had told me she cheated on him and was insane. Even if she was crazy, I am still going to believe and respect what I am told so I stayed away.
After him deceiving me, and her coming to my house months later, I couldn’t tell who to trust.
I was creeped out. I had to make a decision. Both sound like really bad ideas. So I decided to end it with.. both.
I ended up breaking no contact with him and walk into his office. He had been avoiding me the whole time and I needed to face this man for myself. I let him know I never meant to cause stress to him and his family and he told me it wasn’t my fault. I then mentioned the note at my house, as I assumed she got my address from him. He had no idea that she did that.. He asked me who and I stayed silent. He said her name.. I said “yes” and I quickly walked back towards the door. I gave him no info on what the note said.
As I was leaving, he said “You know I still-“ I interrupted with “It was a pleasure” and closed the door.
His wife text me about 15 minutes later, saying “I see the kind of person you are”.
I was frustrated, as I have not spoken to him since, and I needed to see with my own eyes who was safe before I am meeting up with someone who I have never met. This conversation helped me verify he is in the wrong, after he avoided me without saying anything. I was just trying to solve this the best way that I can, and I wanted everyone involved to know that I didn’t want to cause this.
We ended up talking and she told me that he is an abusive narcissist, hugely ego driven.
A big huge phony pathological liar, who makes himself seem like a great person to all and gets what he wants. And he was so proud to explain it to her. She had told me he has it down to the psychology of getting someone to sleep with/be with him. And he told her that I remind him a lot of her in so many ways, when she was younger..
Apparently when I went into his office he also saw that as an ego boost just because I wanted to briefly acknowledge the situation. I was trying to apologize because I knew what was coming. She already had enough information to decide to divorce him prior, but she wanted even more details which I had to give. Bringing more trouble and pain was inevitable, I didn’t want to cause any of that.
It’s really sad because he’s in the medical field. That kind of person should be trustworthy, but he is not. She also spoke of some things he had done with other women at work as well for scandals, but didn’t date. Which just sounds dangerous for the company. She doesn’t want me to report him. I also don’t believe she is leaving him, she said she was, but then changed to they’re gonna continue therapy. She won’t stop asking questions. I’m not sure what to do from here, other than stay away.
I don’t understand the point in all of this if she isn’t going to leave. I just wanted to stay away and now I got pulled back in and ruined their weekend and further leaving them broken. Which isn’t something I wanted to do.
Comments
Post a Comment