- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I work in an office where most of the people are in a cubicle or "bullpen style" open floor plan; but I have a pretty-okay private office that is larger than I need most days.
So if I know I will not be in for a day or two, I'll tell people that they can use it to take calls, client meetings, get some privacy etc.
Anyway I strolled out to our reception desk area this morning to say Hi to the staff there and ask if anyone has seen my immediate boss (no one had). Our receptionist is at her desk talking to the IT guy, who seems to be working on something on her computer.
I casually mention I'll be out of the office for a couple of days so if anyone needs to use my place they are certainly welcome, and then I use this phrase: "as long as you kids don't get up to any shenanigans while I'm away".
Stone silence. IT guy looks down at the floor. Receptionist blushes, but after a pause says, "What kind of Shenanigans exactly?" IT guy adds: "I can always disable the security cam in there."
That's when we all realized they were dating.
They're both young, single, very sweet and wonderful people. So not too much of TIFU.
TL;DR: I made a joke about how people shouldn't be having sex in my office and it turns out they probably already were, but that was actually ok.
Comments
Post a Comment