- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Im 6 months into a (what ive found to be) very intense nonprofit job, I essentially run their nature programs but this is my first time doing anything like this job (28f). So far its gone well, I coordinated 10 events in the spring and all went great.
Then suddenly today, I had 2 events on simultaneously. I thought I had everything planned perfectly, volunteers for both, im set to go to one of the events to set up and stay the whole time. And i dont know what happened, I had it in my head to leave for 10am, but the event STARTED at 10am, like wtf brain?!?!. I only realized this terrible mistake when I arrived to a packed event, and an email from my morning volunteer who was very understandably disapointed to have been ghosted.
I feel awful, volunteers are the lifeblood for a nonprofit and i am mortified to have upset one and made this terrible mistake, let alone it looked bad to the event organizers that our organization was late.
Ive apologized profusely to all involved, everything else went well and the other event went well too. I am really hoping to make it up to this volunteer if thats possible, I hope I havent turned them off of volunteering again. Ill also have Monday to look forward to where I get to explain to my boss how I f'd up.....
Theres no excuse, all I can think is working late nights to get stuff done just made me have a terrible brain fart. Lessons learned, and ill never make this mistake again, but wondering if anyone else has been through this? I feel awful! I feel like this is a top tier bad mistake to have made.
TLDR; brain f@rted so bad I was 45mins late to an event, thus having ghosted a volunteer. Feel awful about it, just sharing incase anyone is willing to share their work mistakes. Or maybe i can make someone else feel better about their mistake.
Comments
Post a Comment