- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
This was yesterday, and my left ear is ringing like a fucked microwave.
I just recently installed a seriously giant new sub and amplifier powerful enough to light a small country in my car, and of course I have been seeing how hard I could get it all to go by blasting it while I drive around.
Well yesterday Brandon Fehr's song “War” came on my shuffle and if you know that track it has a very heavy driving bass line and a massive buildup in it.
I was at a red light, and the song was hitting the right way, so I figured this was the perfect time to see what I really had. I spun the volume knob all the way to the right. The bass was hitting so hard that my rearview mirror was vibrating badly and I could feel it vibrating in my teeth. This felt really amazing for about 4 seconds.
Then at the biggest peak in the track the frequency just spiked up, and with my windows up and in a car, it didn't have anywhere to go, and I suddenly heard a extremely LOUD and sick pop in my left ear, followed immediately by incredibly high amounts of pain.
I immediately shut my volume down, the pain passed a minute later with very very high amounts of suffering replaced by the distinct sensation of someone stuffing extremely dense foam into my ear canal and now all I can hear is if I am 30 fathoms under the sea.
So I went to the urgent care this morning and the doctor gave it a look with an otoscope and confirmed I had a severely perforated eardrum caused by acute acoustic trauma. Apparently I've lost around 50% hearing in my left ear right now, and the doctor thinks it will probably heal itself within a couple of months/weeks but that it is also entirely possible I have lost some high frequencies permanently and it is also possible I will have long-term tinnitus.
TL;DR: I tried to see what my new subs could do by turning "War" by Brandon Fehr all the way up, blew out my left ear drum with the high amounts of pressure I made in the car and now can barely hear.
Comments
Post a Comment