- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Was making dinner last night and realized halfway through that I forgot to buy parmesan.
The grocery store is literally across the street, so instead of turning everything off like a normal person I lowered the heat, left the sauce simmering and ran over there.
I was gone maybe 10 minutes.
Came back to the fire alarm going insane and two of my neighbors standing in the hallway because my apartment was full of smoke.
Apparently the sauce had boiled over, hit the burner and started smoking like crazy. Nothing actually caught fire thankfully, but the entire place smelled awful and the building manager had to come up because someone called him.
Now I have a nice warning about leaving cooking unattended and I'm probably gonna have to replace the pan.
Setting my kitchen on fire over a $5 block of parmesan feels especially stupid.
The parmesan wasn't even worth it.
TL;DR left a sauce simmering while I ran across the street, came back to smoke alarms, angry neighbors and my building manager at my door.
Comments
Post a Comment