- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Actually happened today!
I work as a teacher at a technical college. Today we were talking about pneumatic control systems, focusing on pressure calculations in different parts of the system. The subject of fluid flow came up. In order for fluid to flow from one part of a system to another there has to be a pressure difference, also known as Delta P.
Thinking I was smart, I decided to show them the Delta P video. You already know the one. It's about 10 minutes long and talks about how not to get sucked into an opening underwater. Halfway through the video there's a part when a crab gets sucked into an underwater pipe. That video. You've seen it, right? Right.
So anyway, I went to youtube and searched for Delta P. I saw the thumbnail I remember and clicked on it. The video started normally, though I did notice the naration was a little off. I thought maybe it just wasn't as good as I thought.
Suddenly the video started talking about "your girlfriend" and "average depths and lengths". I knew something was wrong. I skipped ahead to the crab part, hoping to avoid any more trouble. Big mistake. The narrator explained that pressure differences can cause suction. The crab moved over the hole in the pipe and disappeared. At that point the narrator proceeded to colorfully explain that the crab got sucked into "the phantom zone" and would not return.
The class was DYING laughing. I was dying of embarrassment.
TL;DR: I accidentally showed my class the parody safety video instead of the real one. The offending video can be found here: https://youtu.be/K1yUchFNdIk?is=LazbVwkdCh8JcGpN
Comments
Post a Comment