- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
This actually happened two weeks ago.
I had a small operation that required anesthesia and a lot of pain medication. The hospital told me someone needed to pick me up afterward. But I just moved across the country so I decided to lie ans tell them my ride was outside and then just get an Uber home.
I dont remember much after the surgery or for most of the rest of the day.
The following week, I was supposed to leave the country and was planning to bring my cat which I needed some paperwork from my vet for. So at some point during my post anesthesia blackout, I called them about it. I have absolutely no idea what I said on that phone call but it was bad enough that I got an email telling me they were terminating their relationship with me as a client!
Then next thing I remember, I’m BIKING to my vet, which is thankfully only a few blocks away, and like falling all over the place, I think I ran into a street sign lmao
Then I’m inside the vet’s office, sobbing and screaming because they fired me as a client, waving my hospital bracelets at them and yelling, “I AM ON ANESTHESIA and FENTANYL!” Yikes
Anyway, this is your reminder that when a hospital tells you that you need someone with you after anesthesia, they are not just being overly cautious. You may feel like it’s no big deal to take an uber and next thing ya know ur screaming at your vet bleeding down the knee like a psycho
TLDR Thought I’d be fine alone after anesthesia. Blacked out, apparently had an insane phone call with my vet, got let go as a client, biked there while still completely drugged, fell all over the place, and screamed “I AM ON ANESTHESIA!” while waving my hospital bracelets at them
Comments
Post a Comment