- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I'm between residences and have been trying to find a group home for a while. My caseworkers are extremely busy and difficult to get ahold of. They'd send 10 inquiries, I'd get maybe one or two homes to tour after like 2 weeks, and I'd have to practically harass them to get more. I was fed up with the pace. After waiting weeks upon weeks to try to get placed, I took matters into my own hands today, searched up a spreadsheet of local group homes, did some work sorting it, and sent an email to every single one that was in my desired county. 120 homes. With my phone number at the bottom of my email. This approach worked fine with subsidized housing in the past. I honestly thought maybe 10% of the group homes would respond to me, considering that's been the rate at which my caseworkers have fed them to me. I was so wrong.
I couldn't remember why my caseworkers didn't want me to take matters into my own hands, but now I remember. Many of these group home coordinators are desperate to fill rooms to the point where they will harass you. I wish I had thought to list my Google Voice number. I forgot that these are total strangers, and not all of them are nice.
I've been receiving phone call after phone call, to the point where I feel stressed and distracted talking on the phone because I am getting calls while I am taking calls.
There's no way to turn it off, and I am overwhelmed and on the verge of a meltdown. I'm embarrassed that this is how I conducted myself.
If anyone has any tips, please let me know. I really hope I don't have to change my phone number. It's the one number I have always had and I really love it.
TL;DR: I was tired of my social workers taking too long to place me, so I sent an email blast to 120 homes, and now I'm too overwhelmed with calls to even speak to them. I wish I could un-send an email.
Comments
Post a Comment